Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rests

Old 06-23-2010, 10:16 AM
Fork Horn

Default Rests

What are the best rests?
Old 06-23-2010, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

IMO get a QAD Ultra rest.

Full containment drop away.

Ryan.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im not sure which is best but I know the limbdrivers are one of the easiest to set up by yourself.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:52 PM
Fork Horn

Love my limbdriver. I have used a few rest and my favorite is LD. Would recommend u give it a look.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:04 PM
Fork Horn

Really depends on what bow your shooting. I have a mathews monster 7.0 and use the down force witch is one of the best
Old 06-23-2010, 05:12 PM
Spike

I've been a diehard Trophy Taker man since about 2002. I've had either the original or the newer Pronghorn on every bow I've owned since then. I just never thought anything could compare to the simplicity or the brick-sh@thouse toughness of Dan Evans' original design.

That being said, I had my eyes opened earlier this year. When I initially set up my Maxxis 31 in January, I decided to see what all the fuss was about. I put a Q.A.D Ultra Rest HD on and haven't looked back. This thing is tough, quiet and very, very hunter-friendly. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone shopping for a drop-away rest.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am shooting and prefer the QAD HD (having shot the LD and the Trophy Taker previously).

It offers full containment without the LD limitations which include:

- Not full containment
- The actuating string is about 3x longer than with most drop aways so it is a liability (gets caught on things).
- The attaching method to connect the string to the limbs is inferior - cheap plastic part; cannot be served.
- The string relaxes at full draw and can appear in the sight window.
- The rest is very wide and will not lie flat on the curved sight window shelf of a Bowtech or Elite.

With that said, there are a lot of folks that prefer the LD.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:54 AM
Fork Horn

I like the ripcord code red.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default On a rest

I'm just happy to have one that works, consistently, and is moderately priced.

When you used a Golden Key prong hunter years ago, and used it effectively, you don't give much mind to the "modern" so called 1st, 2nd or 3rd most favorite.

"Full containment" is for the newbies, who haven't spent hours on the practice archery line.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use the lower priced QAD.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.