Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
So crossbow are legal now...... >

So crossbow are legal now......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

So crossbow are legal now......

Old 07-20-2010, 06:50 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by MO Archer
Nice comparison with cited sources. Click link to download.

http://www.crossbowed.org/images/Cro...%209-15-08.pdf
do not download this file. My IT department said it contained a trojan virus. Nice.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have seen arrowguns that have chrono'd over 350fps. I have yet to see but one compound do it.
Then you aren't looking very hard.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:03 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bigcountry
do not download this file. My IT department said it contained a trojan virus. Nice.
I am the IT department here and there is no trojan. It is a PDF.

Last edited by MO Archer; 07-20-2010 at 07:05 AM.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:08 AM
bigcountry

Ok, folks go ahead and open it.

PDF and holes in adobe software is how most trojans are getting thru these days. But sure you know that. Ask adobe.

Trend officescan found it. I seriously doubt you have the security we have. Unless your secure goverment entity. And you could be.

Last edited by bigcountry; 07-20-2010 at 07:12 AM.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:10 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by bigbulls
Then you aren't looking very hard.
What bows with a 400gr arrow do you see breaking 350? I mean for a fair comparison with this hunters friend link

Old 07-20-2010, 07:43 AM
bigcountry

Sure you already know this. Explains the adobe flaw. Glad I wasn't at home and tried to open it. I would have never knew.

http://www.virusbtn.com/news/2007/10_24.xml

Old 07-20-2010, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

MO Archer

Interesting wounding study showing crossbow hunters are no more accurate than compound hunters.

Of course on a range I'm sure they are, but in the woods, in hunting conditions, the negatives of shooting a crossbow comes into play (they're heavy, they're loud, they're cumbersome etc)

ant-crossbow zealots will not recognize this study though ...... of course if it showed crossbows wounded more they would
Old 07-20-2010, 08:23 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Sure you already know this. Explains the adobe flaw. Glad I wasn't at home and tried to open it. I would have never knew.

http://www.virusbtn.com/news/2007/10_24.xml
If you are still running on software that has not been updated since 2007, then you deserve to catch a trojan.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:59 AM
bigcountry

If you are still running on software that has not been updated since 2007, then you deserve to catch a trojan.
MO, just trying to warn folks. If your a hacker/trojan virus/IT expert, then I appoligize. We get updates for everything litterly every month.

Hackers and virus code writers didn't take a break from 2007 til now, I promise you.

You said it was a pdf, but adobe if you call them will explain they have updates after updates to battle this stuff. but you probably know better than them, so I appoligize.

Old 07-20-2010, 09:01 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Ranger77
MO Archer

Interesting wounding study showing crossbow hunters are no more accurate than compound hunters.

Of course on a range I'm sure they are, but in the woods, in hunting conditions, the negatives of shooting a crossbow comes into play (they're heavy, they're loud, they're cumbersome etc)

ant-crossbow zealots will not recognize this study though ...... of course if it showed crossbows wounded more they would
In my work, I mostly analyze statistics. So you believe that n=5 is solid statistics compared to n=75?

It was a good study.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.