Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
So crossbow are legal now...... >

So crossbow are legal now......

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

So crossbow are legal now......

Old 07-11-2010, 04:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Then why did you bring up an interenet poll? Makes no sense

To show that perhaps there are other bowhunters in agreement.
If you can't see the sense in supporting a postion by demonstrating other's opinion's, then perhaps more time is needed with the stop sign.

This is a discussion about allowing all archery in the bow season. It is not about forming an open weapons season and certainly not about Nazi Germany.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:38 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by brucelanthier
Definitely 2007. I was asked for a critique of the class and sent one in May of 2007. Still have it with the date and reply .
My bad. My life has totally changed in the last 3-4 years. Total blurr with getting married and having children.

Old 07-11-2010, 04:42 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Kybuckhunter
How often do you get busted pulling back you bow? I almost never get busted. I would say it takes as much movement to raise a xbow as it does pull back a bow so whats the big deal. Have you ever felt how heavy xbows are? I would hate to hold one up very long and wait on a shot. Only if you had a rail to put it on would it be any easier.
I am sorry ky, I can't talk to you anyone. I have been patient and respectful to you. But if you honestly beleive it takes more effort to put up an arrow-gun than standing, getting in position, drawing, then I honestly don't believe anyone could have an intelligent conversation with you.

Old 07-11-2010, 04:50 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by SteveBNy

To show that perhaps there are other bowhunters in agreement.
If you can't see the sense in supporting a postion by demonstrating other's opinion's, then perhaps more time is needed with the stop sign.

This is a discussion about allowing all archery in the bow season. It is not about forming an open weapons season and certainly not about Nazi Germany.
The main reason I brought up nazis is, if you ever take a graduate or even undergraduate level class on pschycology, one of the first topics in most textbooks concerns "conformity". and Nazi germany is like one of the biggest examples given. In social psychology, its been studied more than most.

Simular how a mind as yourself thats open to influence could conform to idea that x-bows are good by other bull headed responses on AT. I on the other hand am rarely open to influence and do not bend like a blade of grass especially because a group of internet posters made a poll.

Old 07-11-2010, 05:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
My bad. My life has totally changed in the last 3-4 years. Total blurr with getting married and having children.
No worries, kids will do that to you.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am sorry ky, I can't talk to you anyone. I have been patient and respectful to you. But if you honestly beleive it takes more effort to put up an arrow-gun than standing, getting in position, drawing, then I honestly don't believe anyone could have an intelligent conversation with you.
Well first of all, I do not stand when I shoot a bow. Never have. I have very little movement when I shoot. I always hold my bow and can get a shot off with very little movement. Sure there is some but most hunters know when they can move and when they can't. It isn't the mystical challenge you make it out to be. I've killed over 40 deer with a bow and it's a blast...I love it....but don't make it out to be more than it is.

Have you hunted with a crossbow to see what challenges you may face or is all your knowledge preconceived ? My argument has never been about what one is the toughest anyway. Thats been yours. I just said someone should be able to use it in bow season. Why don't you cry a river about compound bows that can be held at 80 % let off for a long time. Why don't you want all the bowhunters to challenge themselves with only a stick bow...remember tradition and honor and skill and all the other stuff you threw out there. Compound bow should not have a place in "your woods".
Old 07-11-2010, 06:03 AM
bigcountry

Well first of all, I do not stand when I shoot a bow. Never have. I have very little movement when I shoot. I always hold my bow and can get a shot off with very little movement. Sure there is some but most hunters know when they can move and when they can't. It isn't the mystical challenge you make it out to be. I've killed over 40 deer with a bow and it's a blast...I love it....but don't make it out to be more than it is.

Have you hunted with a crossbow to see what challenges you may face or is all your knowledge preconceived ? My argument has never been about what one is the toughest anyway. Thats been yours. I just said someone should be able to use it in bow season. Why don't you cry a river about compound bows that can be held at 80 % let off for a long time. Why don't you want all the bowhunters to challenge themselves with only a stick bow...remember tradition and honor and skill and all the other stuff you threw out there. Compound bow should not have a place in "your woods".
Goodness gracious ky, I am not sure how many times I have to remind and go over this. Compounds were and are not up for debate in the state of MD. When they do, I will address that. Arrow-guns are up for debate and consideration in MD. Now, what part of that can you not understand???? Seriously, how hard is that to grasp????

Yes, I have shot crossbows. It was alarming how little skill they took.

I have taken more deer than that with a bow, and have yet to not stand when shooting. I will have to call you a liar if you say you have never stood. And again, I really can't have any discussions with someone like you.

Old 07-11-2010, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Goodness gracious ky, I am not sure how many times I have to remind and go over this. Compounds were and are not up for debate in the state of MD. When they do, I will address that. Arrow-guns are up for debate and consideration in MD. Now, what part of that can you not understand???? Seriously, how hard is that to grasp????

Yes, I have shot crossbows. It was alarming how little skill they took.

I have taken more deer than that with a bow, and have yet to not stand when shooting. I will have to call you a liar if you say you have never stood. And again, I really can't have any discussions with someone like you.
My understanding is the xbow season has passed in Md. also. If this is the case then why is is up for debate? You lost. Get over it and spit out the bitter pill you have in your mouth. If they havent passed yet you will also lose because they will soon. Life will be better on you if you are not so bitter.

I never shot a deer standing up from a deer stand. I have with a gun once but I was standing on the ground. Call me a liar if it makes you sleep better. I have no reason to tell a story about it. Thats just the way I've always done it and feel better doing it that way. Plus I don't get picked out moving to get a shot.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:26 PM
bigcountry

My understanding is the xbow season has passed in Md. also. If this is the case then why is is up for debate? You lost. Get over it and spit out the bitter pill you have in your mouth. If they havent passed yet you will also lose because they will soon. Life will be better on you if you are not so bitter.

I never shot a deer standing up from a deer stand. I have with a gun once but I was standing on the ground. Call me a liar if it makes you sleep better. I have no reason to tell a story about it. Thats just the way I've always done it and feel better doing it that way. Plus I don't get picked out moving to get a shot.
Whatever makes you sleep better. I know the truth. Xbow season didn't "pass" as you say, but its proposed.

You are full of advise for everyone. In one post, your telling me I shouldn't be pushing my way of hunting on folks, next your trying to tell me what I should do and shouldn't. Kinda funny, isn't it?

I am not bitter, its just been a blast watching you guys fall over yourselves. One says its just good to bring people in but don't want to have weapons of choice, that would be too far. Another fool says its about deer kill numbers, and it made no difference even though he posted a distinct increase. Another fool trys to say its just as easy as a compound, so might as well let it in. Another one makes all his decisions based off of internet polls. Yet another one believes everyone is hunting with 2000 year old chinese xbows. You can't buy comedy like this.

Nobody however even tried to understand what the season was about, where it started, and why. Everybody is too concerned with doing it as easy as possible so they can pose for a picture and tell everyone what a great hunter they are.

Last edited by bigcountry; 07-11-2010 at 07:42 PM.

Old 07-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

My understanding is the xbow season has passed in Md. also. If this is the case then why is is up for debate? You lost. Get over it and spit out the bitter pill you have in your mouth.
Whatever makes you sleep better. I know the truth. Xbow season didn't "pass" as you say, but its proposed.
Well, It does, in fact, look like you lost.

Good for Maryland.

Per Marylands Department of Natural Resources web site.
Crossbow Use

Crossbows may be used to hunt any game species during any open season where a vertical bow may be used (excluding waterfowl and certain furbearers). Crossbows can now be used during the entire deer bow season in all counties. The Crossbow Permit for disabled hunters is no longer needed. The definition of ‘bow’ now includes vertical bows (compound, recurve or straight limb bows) and crossbows.
A similar proposal is up in Florida but on private land only. Hopefully Florida will also allow crossbows during archery season.

Last edited by bigbulls; 07-11-2010 at 08:22 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.