Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
So crossbow are legal now...... >

So crossbow are legal now......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

So crossbow are legal now......

Old 07-03-2010, 07:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yea, sure, everybody believes you BB.
Whether you believe me or not isn't even in the scope of me giving a crap. But I will not let you or anyone else put words into my mouth and misrepresent what I have said and what I mean when I say it. Even on a thread as worthless as this one.

Ok, so its only about deer managment?
No. You still don't get it and I doubt you ever will. You have shown time and time again you lack comprehension skills.

It's not about any one thing. It's about what the individual person that's hunting thinks its about. To some people it's about putting food on the table by any legal means necessary, to others it's about being in the woods regardless of the deer killed or weapon they are using, to others its about the thrill of the kill, To others its about spending time with the family, to others it's about nothing but the skill they can master against the prey, To others its about the P&Y score, etc... etc...

It's called choice and as long as someones choice to use a crossbow during archery season isn't negatively affecting your choice to hunt with your new self bow then what the heck do you care? And don't try to bring abortion coice into a crossbow thread. You have already brought enough lame arguments to the table.

It's why they make Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Toyota, etc...
It's why they make Coke, Pepsi, Mt Dew, Dr. Pepper, etc...
It's why they make long bows, recurves, compounds, and crossbows.

What it isn't about is bigcountry being the archery police. It isn't about your perfect little elitist club.

Last edited by bigbulls; 07-03-2010 at 08:57 PM.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:30 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by bigbulls
Whether you believe me or not isn't even in the scope of me giving a crap. But I will not let you or anyone else put words into my mouth and misrepresent what I have said and what I mean when I say it. Even on a thread as worthless as this one.
Yea, sure, like your an honorable person. We all believe ya.

Do you even hunt in MD to be even able to write on this thread?

Old 07-08-2010, 09:35 PM
Fork Horn

They have been legal in Ohio for years and years.

Still some great hunting.

No big deal.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:04 PM
Fork Horn

I am All for any legal means of getting more people in the woods. It may not be my cup of tea but who am i to say that someone else should not be able to hunt with an x-bow.
I hope it gets more gun hunter's to buy a x-bow
I hope it gets more kids into the woods
I hope it get more people into the woods .
Old 07-09-2010, 01:14 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Marylandbowhunter
I am All for any legal means of getting more people in the woods. It may not be my cup of tea but who am i to say that someone else should not be able to hunt with an x-bow.
Interesting so you would be for an open season weapon of choice? So it gets more kids in the woods?

Old 07-09-2010, 01:53 PM
Typical Buck

right onmarylandbowhunter. maybe bigcountry should go buy himself 10,000 acres and fence it all in so he can be out there all by himself with his almighty bow. so lets do the math........ cmon bc lighten up a little
Old 07-09-2010, 02:03 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by noidurism
right onmarylandbowhunter. maybe bigcountry should go buy himself 10,000 acres and fence it all in so he can be out there all by himself with his almighty bow. so lets do the math........ cmon bc lighten up a little
Do you even hunt in MD? Since you stay in the bowhunting forum so much, you ought to try to shoot a bow. I am just sayin.

But I do lease hundreds of acres to get away from the x-bow folks. Different breed, thats for sure.

Old 07-09-2010, 02:19 PM
Fork Horn

I would be for any type of season that gets more people in the woods, why because it won't effect me any I will still kill deer
I don't get my panties in a bunch like some people do over hunting
I love the sport and want to see more people involved why should I care how people choose how to hunt if it is legal
I hunt 100% public land
I kill mature deer every year
Old 07-09-2010, 02:30 PM
bigcountry

I would be for any type of season that gets more people in the woods, why because it won't effect me any I will still kill deer
I don't get my panties in a bunch like some people do over hunting
I love the sport and want to see more people involved why should I care how people choose how to hunt if it is legal
I hunt 100% public land
I kill mature deer every year
Finally we have have someone from MD and who hunts MD who has some consistency with thier reasoning. Good job. But I have a feeling you hunt in bow only parks. I think they should open those to weapon of choise too.

I myself think if arrow guns are going to be allowed just make it season of choice.

Last edited by bigcountry; 07-09-2010 at 02:32 PM.

Old 07-09-2010, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Finally we have have someone from MD and who hunts MD who has some consistency with thier reasoning. Good job. But I have a feeling you hunt in bow only parks. I think they should open those to weapon of choise too.

I myself think if arrow guns are going to be allowed just make it season of choice.
I hunt in MD and hunt public land open to everyone. I have been open to crossbows during archery season before it became reality.

I have also advocated one long season and you get so many tags per weapon of choice. X amount of tags to use with firearms (to include ML's), X amount to use with archery (to include crossbows). I think that would make the woods less crowded, although my woods are not close to being crowded, even during firearms.

Right now, if I were to use all my tags, I could kill 6 bucks and 30 does (unlimited does in 4 countys). It would seem we are not killing enough deer in this state to have so many available tags. We kill 100,000+ deer a year and we still get 36+ deer tags a year and people are complaining about crossbows during archery season? I guess I don't understand. If it were so crowded with so many hunters how come we get so many tags?

I expect there to be a big rush on the crossbow front but when these hunters find out that deer aren't gonna just walk up and let them shoot them with an arrow it will die down and they will revert back to doing something easier.

I probably won't get one this year but I expect to own a crossbow next year and get my 9 yr old daughter out back in the blind to see if she can arrow her first deer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.