Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
So crossbow are legal now...... >

So crossbow are legal now......

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

So crossbow are legal now......

Old 06-27-2010, 08:40 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Todd1700
Why would it be shortened? You can still use a bow in gun season and they should still be allowed in any proposed crossbow season. You can still use a muzzleloader here even after rifle season comes in. You should always be able to use the more difficult weapon even when an easier ones season comes in. If a person wants to impose more of a challenge on himself by using a more primative weapon than is currently allowed then who should care?
If it is truely a crossbow season only CROSSBOWS should be alloud. In WV only muzzleloaders can be used in ML season according to the regs.

"In the muzzleloader season, only single shot muzzleloaders,
including “in-lines” of .38 caliber or larger are legal. Telescopic
sights are legal. A firearm that has been converted into a
muzzleloader by use of a plug, or a double-barreled or swivelbarreled
muzzleloader is illegal for deer hunting during the
muzzleloader season."

I'm done with this ignorant debate.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

The arguement that shooting a crossbow takes about the same skill as shooting a compound bow is just stupid.
The arguement that shooting a compound takes about the same skill as shooting a traditional bow is just stupid.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:38 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by SteveBNy
The arguement that shooting a compound takes about the same skill as shooting a traditional bow is just stupid.
I haven't heard anyone even come close to that one. Compounds may have sneaked into the season slowly, but just because the season is perverted with wheels, doesn't mean we have to go all the way.

Old 06-27-2010, 04:24 PM
Fork Horn

OH THE HUMANITY! Everyone destroy their equipment, cut a limb from a tree to fashion their bow, use sinew for a string(?), make an arrow and flint their broadhead and we can all start from scratch. We can't kill all the surplus whitetails in the southern U.S. as it is. Is their that much of a whitetail deficit in the Northeast? Does nobody accidently crunch one in a vehicle and get hit with a $3000 body shop bill. Do they not wreak havoc on gardens and landscaping there? Drop disease-carrying ticks everywhere? Not to mention eating all the forage until the point they starve or the coyote population catches up to thin the herd. Let's kill deer by any legal means we can. They tend to adapt.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Compounds may have sneaked into the season slowly, but just because the season is perverted with wheels, doesn't mean we have to go all the way.
Seems to me that you are a pretty big pervert to be talking such things. I mean how many compounds do you currently own and how many years have you hunted with them? And who is this we you speak of? You got a mouse in your pocket?
Old 06-27-2010, 07:17 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by bigbulls
Seems to me that you are a pretty big pervert to be talking such things. I mean how many compounds do you currently own and how many years have you hunted with them? And who is this we you speak of? You got a mouse in your pocket?
I am down to one. Keep toying with selling. Owned a few dozen, but I sure don't think that takes away from my arguement. For me to own one and kill more deer than I could count with it, helps me understand how perverted its got. Hense the reason I started making my own.

So BB how would dealers like a weapon of choice season? The orange army pays the same taxes you do.

Old 06-27-2010, 07:19 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by newton29
OH THE HUMANITY! Everyone destroy their equipment, cut a limb from a tree to fashion their bow, use sinew for a string(?), make an arrow and flint their broadhead and we can all start from scratch. We can't kill all the surplus whitetails in the southern U.S. as it is. Is their that much of a whitetail deficit in the Northeast? Does nobody accidently crunch one in a vehicle and get hit with a $3000 body shop bill. Do they not wreak havoc on gardens and landscaping there? Drop disease-carrying ticks everywhere? Not to mention eating all the forage until the point they starve or the coyote population catches up to thin the herd. Let's kill deer by any legal means we can. They tend to adapt.

Ok, so you take the stand of weapon of choice no matter gun/bow/arrow-gun? One season and only one, just deer season?

Old 06-27-2010, 07:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am down to one. Keep toying with selling. Owned a few dozen, but I sure don't think that takes away from my arguement. For me to own one and kill more deer than I could count with it, helps me understand how perverted its got. Hense the reason I started making my own.
So what you are saying is that you are the big hypocrite on this thread and now you are a traditional bow elitist? It takes everything away from your argument. You CHOSE to make your bows yourself and hunt with them. That was your CHOICE. But only after you CHOSE to be a bow "pervert"

So BB how would dealers like a weapon of choice season?
Dealers of what? Guns or bows?

BC, your one season argument is just silly. I don't think that any dealers or hunters, gun or bow, would want a single hunting season and no one is advocating such a thing other than you. Is this what you want? You seem to be the only one here arguing for it. A single, anything goes season would kill profits of gun and bow shops allike and would kill the overall number of hunters... both established hunters and new hunters. I think it would have exactly the opposite efect of what you are trying to argue.

It's very simple really. Archery, ML and general gun. What's so friggin hard about that?

If it uses limbs and a string to propel an arrow then it belongs in archery season. You don't have to use any particular one if you don't want to. You can use your self made bows and Billy Bob can use his compound or crossbow.

If you must load the gun by drop the powder and bullet down the front of the barrel then it belongs in ML season. You don't have to use a modern inline if you don't want to. You can use a flintlock if you choose and Billy Bob can use a TC Encore.

If it fires a self contained cartridge that is made up of smokeless gunpowder, a case, bullet and primer then it belongs in the general gun season. Again you don't have to use one if you don't want to. You can use a 32-20 and Billy bob can use his 7mmSTW if he wants to.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:08 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Holy cow, arrow gun shooters are some sensitive folks. I have a feeling noidurism is home crying right now. Listen noid, put some practice in, and actually try to hunt with real bow. It won't kill you to actually put some effort in something. In fact, I guarantee you it will be rewarding to actually try.
nope no crying here lol. if i had the $ for a bow i would also use a bow and put in practice. but since i don't how about you buy me one and i will. lol and i'm also not sensitive
Old 06-28-2010, 05:59 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by noidurism
nope no crying here lol. if i had the $ for a bow i would also use a bow and put in practice. but since i don't how about you buy me one and i will. lol and i'm also not sensitive
Yep, keep telling yourself that "days of lives".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.