Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
So crossbow are legal now...... >

So crossbow are legal now......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

So crossbow are legal now......

Old 07-02-2010, 04:21 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Kybuckhunter
Why do you keep pushing the one weapon thing anyway. Are you just going for a dramatic effect or what? Adding the xbow does not change the seasons at all.
Do you even hunt in MD?????

Ok, here's how this works. If you have 1000 hunters hunting that kills an average of 1 deer a year, thats a 1000 deer killed. Are you with me? Ok, you add 20% hunters, which is the estimate they are using up here. (this is not kentucky). Thats means on average 20% more kill. I am not sure if you are able to keep up with that math. Its not calculus.

But the blanket statement that xbow does not change seasons at all, is dead wrong. You even admitted it changed in Ky even. I mean you keep contradicting yourself.

Old 07-02-2010, 04:32 PM
Fork Horn

Same In New York
Old 07-02-2010, 05:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

All they care about is money. Like BB.
There you thinking again when you have no business doing so. You think I personally make a dime off of selling a crossbow? I got news for you. The outdoors store I work for could quit selling crossbows all together and it wouldn't hurt our bottom line one bit. We might sell 10 crossbows a year.

I have stated time and time again that I do not use a crossbow, don't want to use a crossbow, Don't like shooting crossbows and never ever recommend a crossbow to anyone if asked. You simply hear what you want to hear and read what you want to read.

It has been quite clear and evident by your posts on this thread that you are nothing more than a holier than thou perverted traditionalist that thinks he has magically found the path to archery righteousness and think that you have the right to force the rest of the archery community into your own little mold of how archery season should be. The rest of us couldn't care less if you or anyone else shot a traditional bow, compound bow or crossbow so long as it is within the laws of your state, you enjoy it and it gets people into the woods.

The next time you want to reference something I said don't. You obviously don't have a clue nor do you comprehend well.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:45 PM
Fork Horn

i noticed with all the math going on noone is subtracting the pure compound hunters who will be going to crossbows..which many will even though they cuss them they will use excuses like why not ,,,i myself am going backwards i guess going compound to recurve just my choice i love the recurve bows...i hunt for the enjoyment of shooting a weapon and being in the woods...

maybe pope and young will include crossbow kills in with high let off kills didnt they have to lower their standards for high letoff over 65%

this is like the meat hunters(slob or lazy hunters) vs trophy(cough qdm,more like qam,you aint doing like me so you are crap hunters)im in with the slobs

i could care less what you shoot or what you used i will help you drag it out if need be and say good job ....

has anyone in ohio or where legal noticed since they allow crossbows if accidents have gone up or down..i can hold back my compound pretty long and still shoot great,,,i still think raising a crossbow and drawing a compound takes about the same amount of motion...i draw my compound i am pretty much line up to aim...
Old 07-03-2010, 02:53 AM
Typical Buck

opc orn:
Old 07-03-2010, 04:04 AM
Fork Horn

Illinois gives you the option to use crossbows when you turn 62 during the 3 month archery season.

I will be trashing my bow to make the switch.

The clock is ticking.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Do you even hunt in MD?????

Ok, here's how this works. If you have 1000 hunters hunting that kills an average of 1 deer a year, thats a 1000 deer killed. Are you with me? Ok, you add 20% hunters, which is the estimate they are using up here. (this is not kentucky). Thats means on average 20% more kill. I am not sure if you are able to keep up with that math. Its not calculus.

But the blanket statement that xbow does not change seasons at all, is dead wrong. You even admitted it changed in Ky even. I mean you keep contradicting yourself.

I said xbow made no difference in Ky. They have been making seasons longer and yet the xbow only makes up 1 percent of the kills. They keep making the seasons longer so more deer may be taken. Come back next year and eat your words when MDs harvest doesn't go up 20% because of the xbow. If it goes up 20 % I will eat my words...Is that fair enough. Or will you crawdaddy next year?

Many said the same thing when it was passed here but just didnt work out that way. One guy that was like you and was mad a hornet even admitted to me a couple years after the xbow season was passed that it has not made any difference.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:07 PM
Typical Buck

opcorn :opcor n: etc.........
Old 07-03-2010, 07:14 PM
bigcountry

Yea, sure, everybody believes you BB.

Originally Posted by bigbulls
There you thinking again when you have no business doing so. You think I personally make a dime off of selling a crossbow? I got news for you. The outdoors store I work for could quit selling crossbows all together and it wouldn't hurt our bottom line one bit. We might sell 10 crossbows a year.

I have stated time and time again that I do not use a crossbow, don't want to use a crossbow, Don't like shooting crossbows and never ever recommend a crossbow to anyone if asked. You simply hear what you want to hear and read what you want to read.

It has been quite clear and evident by your posts on this thread that you are nothing more than a holier than thou perverted traditionalist that thinks he has magically found the path to archery righteousness and think that you have the right to force the rest of the archery community into your own little mold of how archery season should be. The rest of us couldn't care less if you or anyone else shot a traditional bow, compound bow or crossbow so long as it is within the laws of your state, you enjoy it and it gets people into the woods.

The next time you want to reference something I said don't. You obviously don't have a clue nor do you comprehend well.

Old 07-03-2010, 07:15 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Kybuckhunter
I said xbow made no difference in Ky. They have been making seasons longer and yet the xbow only makes up 1 percent of the kills. They keep making the seasons longer so more deer may be taken. Come back next year and eat your words when MDs harvest doesn't go up 20% because of the xbow. If it goes up 20 % I will eat my words...Is that fair enough. Or will you crawdaddy next year?

Many said the same thing when it was passed here but just didnt work out that way. One guy that was like you and was mad a hornet even admitted to me a couple years after the xbow season was passed that it has not made any difference.
Ok, so its only about deer managment?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.