Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Looking for a new release..got opinions? >

Looking for a new release..got opinions?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Looking for a new release..got opinions?

Old 06-12-2010, 05:13 AM
Typical Buck

I've been using Scott Mongoose forever. Love it. But I really never tried anything else.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MOhunter46
I have a scott silverhorn also and i like it ok. The only thing i dont like about it is the strap streches and now im on the last hole on the buckle and its nowhere near close to tight enough, just something to think about.
i use a cheap-o cobra release , and it stretches, but i have learned to not hold the end, but to make a fist and pull using my wrist, and it makes it more steady and consistent...spongy..hard to explain..but i think it helps me to be quieter when i draw vs my leave on hard plastic release..ya know, ya jst leave it dangling from the hoop (D-string?)
Old 06-12-2010, 04:35 PM
Typical Buck

The itty bitty goose is freaken great. The loose string caliper takes out the torque of the bow ensuring a flawless release.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:00 PM
Spike

Thanks Y'all . I got the Tru Fire Fold Back yesterday and that fold back design is pretty cool. Climbing up ladder. Pulling Arrows. Just hope i don't get caught with it folded back when a big one sneaks in!