Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
bowtech destroyer 340/350 >

bowtech destroyer 340/350

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bowtech destroyer 340/350

Old 06-01-2010, 11:02 AM
Fork Horn

Default bowtech destroyer 340/350

I have been shooting several different bows from different companys. Loved the maxxis 31 at a 26-1/2" draw, but didnt like it at all when it was at 26". And since my draw length is 26", I need to like the bow at that draw length. Really dont want a draw length specific bow, so that rules out the Z7 (and the fact that no one has a 26" in stock that I can shoot). I shot the bowtech 340 and 350, at my draw length and really liked them both. There was only 12 FPS difference at my draw length (280 vs 292), I would choose the more forgiving bow with a 7" brace height (340). I would like to hear from those of you who have the 340 or 350, is there anything that you have discovered about the bow that would make you not purchase it again? Thanks!!!
Old 06-01-2010, 03:32 PM
Fork Horn

I love the Destroyer!!! I want to be a Bowtech man!!
Old 06-01-2010, 03:34 PM
Fork Horn

I want to be in a Bowtech rodeo.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Id get the 350 personally if I was that short of a DL... Im a 30.5 so thats a bit different...

The 6" bh shouldnt impact your ability much considering the powerstroke would be less than the 340 for me at 30.5"...

BTW, I dont own the bow, its my fathers, but I shoot it quite a bit when I'm bored(even tho its at 31") and I can absolutely shoot the crap out of that bow... My dad and I were both impressed at how well I could shoot that bow and its not even mine or near my setup...

I actually took it to the indoor range one day and shot 3 consecutive 25-5x rounds(perfect score on a 5 spot face). We are both impressed by the bow, and his confidence in it is certainly good after seeing me shoot it so well... Its a nice bow. Not my cup of tea, but its nice. I personally think the balance of this bow is terrible tho, and is horrible compared to the Maxxis, but for some reason I can still shoot it well...

hope this helps
Old 06-02-2010, 05:11 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by drockw
Id get the 350 personally if I was that short of a DL... Im a 30.5 so thats a bit different...

The 6" bh shouldnt impact your ability much considering the powerstroke would be less than the 340 for me at 30.5"...

BTW, I dont own the bow, its my fathers, but I shoot it quite a bit when I'm bored(even tho its at 31") and I can absolutely shoot the crap out of that bow... My dad and I were both impressed at how well I could shoot that bow and its not even mine or near my setup...

I actually took it to the indoor range one day and shot 3 consecutive 25-5x rounds(perfect score on a 5 spot face). We are both impressed by the bow, and his confidence in it is certainly good after seeing me shoot it so well... Its a nice bow. Not my cup of tea, but its nice. I personally think the balance of this bow is terrible tho, and is horrible compared to the Maxxis, but for some reason I can still shoot it well...

hope this helps

Drockw, thanks for your imput. The maxxis was my first choice since I have been a Hoyt man for the past 10 years, but at my draw length, if I flinched a hair it wanted to jerk my arm off. At 26-1/2" and up it was perfect. Anyway, were you shooting the 340 or 350? beleive it or not, those two bows are balanced different. The 340 will stay upright in your hand after the shot, where as the 350 will rotate forward (thats stock set ups w/ no acessories).
Old 06-02-2010, 05:18 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by drockw

hope this helps
drockw, you are right about the powerstroke, I have been telling myself that for years. Someone with a 28" DL and a 8" BH will have the same powerstroke as me @ 26"DL w/ a 6" BH. That being said, you wouldnt give up 12 FPS for an inch of powerstoke?
Old 06-04-2010, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I also have a 26" DL and I have the Destroyer 340 and love it @ 280fps.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jermelott
Drockw, thanks for your imput. The maxxis was my first choice since I have been a Hoyt man for the past 10 years, but at my draw length, if I flinched a hair it wanted to jerk my arm off. At 26-1/2" and up it was perfect. Anyway, were you shooting the 340 or 350? beleive it or not, those two bows are balanced different. The 340 will stay upright in your hand after the shot, where as the 350 will rotate forward (thats stock set ups w/ no acessories).
My fathers bow is the 340. It holds pretty well, but its not grip torque, it is weight all on one side...

It really needs some counter weight on the left side to keep it from tilting right. I am primarily a target shooter, and my bows are equipped with side stabilizers etc so I dont have to worry about leveling my bubble, as I've balanced my bow to be level without me trying. With the 340, I have to conciously level the bow every single time. It cants itself pretty bad imo. REally the only flaw shootability that i have found... Other than that it seems to be a really solid bow that performs nicely. I made a video yesterday of it with me shooting it at 60 yards... I have one flyer that was out of the group b/c I made a bad shot, but the rest of the arrows are in about a 4" group which is really good...
Old 06-05-2010, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jermelott
drockw, you are right about the powerstroke, I have been telling myself that for years. Someone with a 28" DL and a 8" BH will have the same powerstroke as me @ 26"DL w/ a 6" BH. That being said, you wouldnt give up 12 FPS for an inch of powerstoke?
Is that question to me??? I would definately give up speed any day for more brace if it was short already... I can shoot anything, but id rather have more, and since all of my setups are relatively fast since im so long a draw, I dont worry to much about speed... although its fun
Old 06-05-2010, 03:38 PM
Host of Hosts

A friend of mine who has been shooting for quite a few years wanted that extra speed from the 350. Now after shooting it for a month he wishes he'd bought the 340. I have a 340 and love it. Usually takes a few rounds of 3-D to get used to a bow for me. But when I took this bow out for the first time I shot my best round and have continued to shoot good rounds since.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.