Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New bow?

Old 05-23-2010, 03:24 PM
Spike

Default New bow?

I am looking to upgrade bows. I started out with a mission menace but am outgrowing it quickly. I am a little low on funds so I am looking for a bow in the $400-$500 range. I shot my cousins hoyt powerhawk and almost split my first arrow with my second. I like Hoyts but was wondering if anyone knew any good brands that would offer a solid bow at an affordable price.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:07 PM
Spike

Check out Bear bows! They are very underated. You might look at the classifieds here on Huntingnet or on AT .
Old 05-23-2010, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shoot the hoyt turbohawk.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:39 AM
Fork Horn

A lot of underated bows in that range. Quest, Parker, Darton, Athens, Pearson, Forge, Lakota, APA, and Stacy just to name a few.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:39 AM
Fork Horn

Why wouldn't you stick with Mission? Best bow on the market today for the money!go with the Eliminator ll or a extra $100 gets you one of the most underrated bows out there the Mission Voyager.I just got mine crackerized and it is shooting at 65lbs,29dl,80% let-off,34in ata,293 FPS! bump it up to 70lbs and that bow is shooting over 300fps.you should take a serious look at the Voyager.go to AT Website and search 'Voyager got Crackerized' and check it out.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

In that price range there are quite a few deals over on archery talk. I'm a bit partial to my Guardian.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

There are several great bows out there in that price range. The Menace you already have is a really nice little bow though. If I were you I would stick with it. As you said, you are outgrowing it...how close are you to being done growing? That is quite possibly the best bow on the market to grow with. With draw length from 17-30" and weight from 16-52#, I highly doubt you are going to actually outgrow it. You may decide you want more pull weight, but if it was me, I would wait until I was done growing, save up some money, and when I am done put that saved money towards a really nice one. But, it is you and you have to be comfortable with, and more importantly like the bow you have.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Check out a PSE Bow Madness. Great bow for the bucks.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:22 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Bible_Man
There are several great bows out there in that price range. The Menace you already have is a really nice little bow though. If I were you I would stick with it. As you said, you are outgrowing it...how close are you to being done growing? That is quite possibly the best bow on the market to grow with. With draw length from 17-30" and weight from 16-52#, I highly doubt you are going to actually outgrow it. You may decide you want more pull weight, but if it was me, I would wait until I was done growing, save up some money, and when I am done put that saved money towards a really nice one. But, it is you and you have to be comfortable with, and more importantly like the bow you have.
I want something with more speed. I shot a 200# boar with it a few weeks ago and was not impressed with the penetration. I recovered it but wish that I could get some more penetration without switching to a smaller diameter broadhead. thats what I meant by outgrowing it. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:17 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by pighunter270
I want something with more speed. I shot a 200# boar with it a few weeks ago and was not impressed with the penetration. I recovered it but wish that I could get some more penetration without switching to a smaller diameter broadhead. thats what I meant by outgrowing it. Sorry for the confusion.
What broadhead are you using? speed doesn't always equal more penetration. Heavier arrow and well designed and placed broadhead can really improve penetration.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.