Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Rage Broadheads? >

Rage Broadheads?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage Broadheads?

Old 04-30-2010, 12:04 PM
Spike

Default Rage Broadheads?

i am think about trying the Rage Broadheads. Comments from people that have used them would be appreciated. DO they have a problem with passing through and do the really cut the hole that they advertise?
Old 04-30-2010, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

do a search on rage and you will get tons of posts on them . the subject has been beat to death.
they are a good head give them a try if you want.
The price is like throwing your wallet through an animal
Old 04-30-2010, 12:48 PM
Fork Horn

They are worth the money in my opinion. The rage broadhead got me my biggest buck ever a 167 inch 17 pointer because I made a bad shot on him but the rage opened him up big time and had massive internal bleeding. Will be shooting this broadhead for a long time.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by gunther89
They are worth the money in my opinion. The rage broadhead got me my biggest buck ever a 167 inch 17 pointer because I made a bad shot on him but the rage opened him up big time and had massive internal bleeding. Will be shooting this broadhead for a long time.
I'm glad you scored on a great buck but you don't seriously think that the Rage helped you tag it do you ?!? I mean seriously, the Rages 2" cut is only 1" measly inch larger than the smaller b-heads offered.... now look at a tape measure and you tell me that that lil' tiny 1" would have helped you recover the animal any better ?!?
Old 04-30-2010, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I should mention that I've been testing the 2 blade Rage b-heads on assorted critters here in west-central Illinois for the last couple seasons and they are a decent b-head. However, there are far better choices in strength and penetration. I believe the biggest mistake folks are making with the Rage heads is not shooting enough draw weight and Kinetic Energy. Remember a 2" ENTRY is NEVER going to beat even the smallest pass-thru. No b-head does you much good if you can't push it all the way through an animal.

As someone else has mentioned, do a search on this forum or others and you'll find TONS of feedback! Good luck
Old 04-30-2010, 05:14 PM
Fork Horn

I have seen a couple does shot by a friend that have huge entry holes. Maybe they were hit at a quartering angle, but some holes were the size of popcans. He has taken 20 or so deer with them and only had one deer ever go more than 40 yards.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:41 PM
Fork Horn

I dont think an arrow passing completly through the animal is always a plus some times i think its best when the arrow is stuck and everytime that deer its a tree or branch that broad head tears causing more damage and a better blood trail.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:18 AM
Typical Buck

rage = hype in my opinion
look around there are other broadheads that are as good or better and more affordable
Old 05-02-2010, 06:07 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by ozbowhunter
rage = hype in my opinion
look around there are other broadheads that are as good or better and more affordable
I agree,and I think alot of new bowhunters fall into all the hype and stories,that they think the rage will make up for a bad shot.
IMO nothing beats practice and with good shot placement ANY broadhead will do the job.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have shot the rage heads since they hit the market and have nothing but positive experiences with them...they truely do open up the animals and yes they pass thru if you are shooting the poundage to allow them too, for younger hunters shooting under say 50-55 lbs i would say to stick with a smaller fixed blade head, but as long as you have the @$$ behind it, any head will pass thru...but they definately do open the game wide open.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.