HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   guess where and what ? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/322325-guess-where-what.html)

m9a9g9i9c 04-26-2010 09:17 AM

guess where and what ?

a little test, where did I take this picture and what is it ?

Rhody Hunter 04-26-2010 09:49 AM

I can't place what kind of deer but i'm thinking you took the shot in Florida because of the vegatation. Miami Metro zoo ?

IL-Cornfed 04-26-2010 03:18 PM

It's a Key Deer, a nearly extinct species and the smallest of all the deer sub species..

davidmil 04-26-2010 03:32 PM

Let me guess... you finally got in contact with Osceola Outfitters. LOL

Bailsuk 04-26-2010 03:55 PM

Is it a Calamian Deer ?

RidgeFACTOR 04-26-2010 04:35 PM

I agree with IL-Cornfed, it's a KEY DEER in Florida.

m9a9g9i9c 04-26-2010 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by davidmil (Post 3618679)
Let me guess... you finally got in contact with Osceola Outfitters. LOL

LOL, some of you pay attention.....
Nope, the folks of Osceola never called me back, I don't think it's racial or something like that, maybe they had a few belgian beers and decided not to mess with anything belgian anymore....

about the deer, it's actually a walmart deer, they cut the price in half along with the size of the deer.....

It's a Key deer, a subspecies of whitetail but 1/3 in size. If you ever drive to key west you'll pass Big pine Key and they have a refuge there. It's a great stopping place, you have a decent backery on the left and the little old lady at the refuge tells you all you need to know about those deer they have running around.
It took my not even 5min to spot one crossing the road and after 15min I saw maybe 5 in total. They practically own the island, passing the road and back.
They tried getting a population started on some other keys but they all swam back. I looked at the map and they are really good swimmers seeing the distance they crossed to get back.
Anyway, I had a good time in FL and will be going back to hunt for sure.
I'll post some more wildlife pics tonight.

F.

RidgeFACTOR 04-27-2010 03:54 PM

Maybe it's just me but deer hunting in Florida just wouldn't be my cup of tea. When I think of deer hunting (archery), I think of leaves changing, cool autumn breezes and...............you get the picture.

davidmil 04-27-2010 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by RidgeFACTOR (Post 3619190)
Maybe it's just me but deer hunting in Florida just wouldn't be my cup of tea. When I think of deer hunting (archery), I think of leaves changing, cool autumn breezes and...............you get the picture.

I agree. Give me a crisp fall day with the smell of falling leaves and a little snot running off my nose. Nothing like it in my opinion. Florida deer aren't all that great. LOL BUT,... they do have a lot of them in some spots.

moose1915 04-29-2010 03:17 PM

thats quite obviosly a cougar. in P.A.