HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   that's it, I'm moving to the US (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/322201-thats-im-moving-us.html)

m9a9g9i9c 04-24-2010 02:55 AM

that's it, I'm moving to the US

Just had my huntinglicence tests....
the theoretical test concists of three parts, hunting laws and regulations, wildlife and huntable species and guns and ammo.
It's a multiple choice with -1 per wrong answer and about 50% of the questions of wildlife are what you might call shady....
So I think I messed up on the wildlife part, you need 50% on all three tests and 60% total....
for instance they show you two foxes jumping on one another and then they ask you what time of year is this picture taken:
jan-feb
mai-june
sept-oct
in the corner of the picture a darker dot could suggest the burrow......

They just don't want you to own a rifle and/or hunt, so I'm moving. Anybody need a good salesman in the pet industry ???

F

drockw 04-24-2010 05:54 AM

Wow that's crazy. Over hear u would think they are giving them away!

bigbulls 04-24-2010 08:21 AM

Hey, Ill be leaving my job very soon so that me and my wife can open our own retail business so there will be a gun/bow position opening up in Pensacola Florida. The pay sucks, the hours suck but it's a job and it's a piece of cake if you can put up with retail.

Our deer season lasts from October to March, turkey from March to April, and the Gulf of Mexico is here to catch all the fish you want.

Bailsuk 04-24-2010 08:22 AM

Feelin for ya Buddy , that sucks . I'm questioning our IBEP test over here at the mo , something just don't add up .

drockw 04-24-2010 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by bigbulls (Post 3617559)
Hey, Ill be leaving my job very soon so that me and my wife can open our own retail business so there will be a gun/bow position opening up in Pensacola Florida. The pay sucks, the hours suck but it's a job and it's a piece of cake if you can put up with retail.

Our deer season lasts from October to March, turkey from March to April, and the Gulf of Mexico is here to catch all the fish you want.

Damn that makes me wanna say the heck with mechanical engineering school! As long as u can provide some sort of shelter I'm in!!!

GTOHunter 04-24-2010 07:54 PM

When we take our Hunter Safety Course we have Volunteers that help You go thru the books and teach You everything You need to know and learn to past the Test,then if You miss too many questions you go back over it and try again while its still fresh in your mind!Sounds like what you said...they are trying to make it tough on a person to get a hunting permit?

What month of the year do Foxes play "Leap Frog"? ;)

SwampCollie 04-25-2010 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by bigbulls (Post 3617559)

BB if you are opening up your own bow/gun shop... your hours and pay are fixing to suck a WHOLE LOT MORE!

But... at least you'll be able to fully reap what you sow... and you'll only have to look in the mirror to talk to the boss... and you can't really put a price tag on that. Best of luck with it!

m9a9g9i9c 04-25-2010 10:59 AM

I have had a studybook, about 650 pages and two 3h lessons a weekend from januari till april, I knew the stuff by heart but the way the questions were written made it very hard.
Another one they asked is about a picture of a quail hen on a nest.
with this species of bird does the male help with breeding in what way:
a not at all
b sometimes but mostly not
c the male helps with hen with the upbringing of the chicks.

So the right answer should be C but in the question they use the word "breeding" so it's A, the male never breeds on the eggs...

I guess they try and eliminate as much people as possible....
we haven't got that much huntable grounds and too many hunters......

m9a9g9i9c 04-25-2010 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Bailsuk (Post 3617560)
Feelin for ya Buddy , that sucks . I'm questioning our IBEP test over here at the mo , something just don't add up .

I can pass the IBEP in France but it isn't valid there, you need to pass a JFO ( obligatory one day cours) on Bowhunting if you want to hunt. the good thing about France is that they have a theoretical test and then the choice between either bow or rifle.

F.

bigbulls 04-25-2010 03:27 PM

BB if you are opening up your own bow/gun shop... your hours and pay are fixing to suck a WHOLE LOT MORE!
Not a snow ball's chance in hell would I open up a gun/bow shop after having worked in a few for the last 8-10 years.