Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

drop away rest

Old 04-20-2010, 08:10 AM
Typical Buck

Default drop away rest

I am thinking about a new bow and was considering a drop away since they seem to be everywhere you look now. I am wondering if there is any problem with them not functioning from time to time like the peep w/ the rubber tubing that makes it turn will sometimes break.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:28 AM
Fork Horn

I have a QAD Ultra Rest and have had no problems with it so far.

I do not use rubber tubing on my bow so I have no input on that.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

i too have a QAD Pro HD...

no issues with it at all..

i wanted full containment without a biscuit..just a personal thing...so i went with the QAD...

they are mechanical and can fail...just never know when that might happen.....but, if that scares you, you should probably shoot a traditional bow...as your cams can take a crap just as quick as your drop away rest....
Old 04-20-2010, 11:34 AM
Fork Horn

Rip-Cord here and zero problems with it.
As for the peep tube,replace the factory string with a quality (VT,WC,Bucknasty ect.) string and you won't need it, with a quality string you will get good peep rotation and alot more one of the best upgrades you can make.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:37 PM
Fork Horn

I too shoot a QAD HD on my bow. But have install the new NAP Apache rest on a lot of new bows. Under $60.00 and a very quiet rest and very easy to setup. The failure rate is very little, so don't steer away due to that being a problem. Anything manmade has a failure rating, called wear and tear.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

The 3 best Fallaways you should look at are the LimbDriver, Ripcord Code Red, and the QAD HD.

I own the Ripcord and the QAD and actually prefer the Ripcord a little more over the QAD... seems built a little better and I believe it falls even faster.

The Limb Driver I haven't tried for myself but based on feedback from many reliable sources..... it's the real deal and an awesome rest.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I opted for a QAD HD after shooting the Limbrdriver and the Trophy Taker. The Trophy Taker would have been my second choice. I did not like the long string or the attachment method on the limbrdriver.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:31 PM
Spike

Default PSE Brute

Trying to mount the QAD HD on my PSE but it doesn't seem to fit. Anyone know of a fix? The rest hits the cable slide post.