HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Controlling yourself at that moment (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/321379-controlling-yourself-moment.html)

Bailsuk 04-12-2010 05:07 AM

Controlling yourself at that moment

Well I'm back out hunting Elk this September with Will and a whole gang of other HNI and BH.com members , I cannot wait to get back into the Colorado Rockies and take in the sights and sounds of the Mountains .

My question is this :-

How do you prepare yourself for that moment the Elk , Deer , Bear or whatever the Game you are hunting steps into shooting range and presents that broadside shot to you . Do you get nervous , shake , sweat or does everything just fall into place and you release , take into concideration that I'm shooting Trad gear and have still to Kill my first Big Game Animal :jaw::s2:

drockw 04-12-2010 07:00 AM

I don't have any advice for traditional bc I don't shoot it, but I would say the most common advice for all hunting is confidence. Be prepared before the moment of truth, so when that bull steps in front of you, you KNOW exactly what is going to happen

Schultzy 04-12-2010 09:03 AM

You won't know till It happens bud!! That's the best part If you ask me.

m9a9g9i9c 04-12-2010 02:13 PM

just crap your pants and focus on your aim...........

Ben / PA 04-12-2010 04:06 PM

I remind myself to use my peep and aim.

J Pike 04-12-2010 04:11 PM

I just tell myself that there is no reason to be nervous. Because im not the one that is about to die. Pike

2 Samuel 22:35 04-12-2010 05:55 PM

It is different for everyone.
I get sweaty and my heart goes about 100 beats a second.
But that really does not effect my shot.
In my opinion a couple deep breaths is worth a lot when the
moment of truth comes.
When you target practice get up close to the target and close your eyes while shooting.
Doing this every once in a while will help you not worrying about rushing your shot and
will help with being "Trigger Happy" .

my7pointmonster 04-12-2010 07:19 PM

I come unglued. Just being honest. I wish it didn't happen but there aint much I can do. I shake and get excited and am excited as crap but as soon as I draw back I'm good to go. Smooth sailing till after it reaches the destination. Then its a rush of emotions all over again.

Ryan.

djs06dc5 04-12-2010 07:32 PM

if the animal doesnt see me or see me draw, im good to go

Howler 04-13-2010 05:33 AM

For me it's all about feeling confident. I just keep telling myself that all I need is a chance for a shot because I know I can make it if I just get the chance. I don't worry about failure, and I think that is one of the "thoughts" that makes a lot of guys fall apart at the moment of truth.