HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Ugh, help please?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/320743-ugh-help-please.html)

kwaldeier 03-31-2010 02:24 PM

Ugh, help please??

2 Attachment(s)
alright well i have had some trouble as of late as some of you know with strings and DL and what not. anyways i just got my bow back from the shop with new strings on it. i like the strings but i think my DL is way WAY to long now. the guy at the shop said i would have to get a new mod for it to make it smaller. trouble is i dont know how old my bow is and i dont really have the money to get a new one like i REALLLY want to. plus i just paid 80 bucks for new strings and cables. anyways ill post a pic of before and after i got new strings and you guys tell me how my DL looks and if i can manage to hunt with it??? any help is greatly GREATLY appreciated:confused:

3Children 03-31-2010 02:40 PM

I would say 1-2" to long. Whenever you take a shot picture its always best to have the arrow holding parallel with the ground. You are clearly over. You will develope bad habits, but you can check yourself with something so easy to do. Stand next to the wall with your fist closed and arms distance away. Stand straight, looking forward, put your knuckles on the wall at shoulder height. Now turn your head toward the wall and have someone measure from the wall to the corner of your mouth. That is your dl!!
Your forearm and the arrow should be parallel to each other! I hope this helps. BTW the two pictures shows what? Going by the "blue" picture is where the draw is soooo long.

hmthtrfan 03-31-2010 05:14 PM

where did your cables come from? did the shop make them, or order them, if ordered, then what brand kind.

and did you give them the lengths for the strings and cables? or did the dealer call the manufacturer?

my7pointmonster 03-31-2010 05:16 PM

Take it back and say to them that they made them too long and to make them again. But not as long or leave them on the stretcher for longer so they're actually the right size. That's what I'd do but I'm friends with the guy who runs the archery shop I go to.

Ryan.

bigbulls 03-31-2010 06:31 PM

Both pics look the same to me but in both pics you DL is too long.

Make sure that your string and cable is correct and get at least a 1" shorter module any way.

kwaldeier 03-31-2010 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by hmthtrfan (Post 3605310)
where did your cables come from? did the shop make them, or order them, if ordered, then what brand kind.

and did you give them the lengths for the strings and cables? or did the dealer call the manufacturer?

custom strings and cables. i gave the guy the bow and he did the rest. the strings and cables in the before pic were all sorts of twisted up and in turn i think it made the DL shorter?? how would i go about getting a new MOD anyways??

mauser06 03-31-2010 07:53 PM

im with bigbulls....both pics the DL is too long IMO...

if you dont want to order new mods to have it changed, and your shooting alright like that, keep it as it is...

i dont see a difference in the pics...your left arm is locked out in both of them and string position is about the same...

OneMustFall 03-31-2010 08:32 PM

I agree with everybody else on draw length being to long,but i also see your extension rod is long on you release so it puts your arm further back.Thats why i prefer a shorter rod on my releases,tightens things up a little bit.