HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Rage VS. Slick Trick (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/320567-rage-vs-slick-trick.html)

2 Samuel 22:35 03-29-2010 04:00 PM

Rage VS. Slick Trick

Okay all you bow hunters out there
I need to know which broad head is better
Rage or Slick Trick
I have heard both get the job done.
But i would like your opinion on the issue.
If you have pix that would be awesome!
Also if you have another broadhead that you use plz tell. :biggrin:

OHbowhntr 03-29-2010 04:13 PM

A Slick Trick is cheaper and tougher, and will fly PERFECTLY out of a WELL-TUNED bow. I put the same BH through 2 coyotes and 3 deer last year, and it was still in shootable condition, ready to work. I lost the arrow and BH in Colorado sticking a grouse. 6 animals, ONE BROADHEAD, and the only thing I had to do was re-sharpen the blades. The same ST this year killed both my does as well, and is back on an arrow ready for service right now. The GREAT thing about them is that you almost COULDN'T hurt the ferrule enough that it wouldn't be useable since it's basically a FIELD POINT that has been precision cut to slide blades into!!! Buy a 3 pack of them, you won't regret them. I have several that have hundreds of trips into foam and with a little sharpening, they're READY TO GO!!! Try that with a Rage......:D

ryanhill 03-29-2010 05:27 PM

go to the rage site , and watch there uncensored video they show gaping bloody messes , but all the deer they shoot the deer runs away with the arrow sticking out of it no pass throughs , so i would say if you wanted peitration go with the slick trick if you want a big entrance hole but possibly no exit hole go with the rage , i have shot niether so , but just watched videos on them . i shoot nap bloodrunners and love them you should check them out , a very good head imo

bigbulls 03-29-2010 05:57 PM

The ST cuts more tissue going in, through, and out.
It is a hell of a lot tougher.
It fly's every bit as good as any mechanical.
The blades are much sharper and far more durable.
It penetrates better.

So on and so on and so on.

IL-Cornfed 03-29-2010 06:11 PM

I've shot both and have used the Rage as my primary b-head for the past couple seasons but it ain't no SlickTrick! The ST's are unmatched for pentration and putting blood on the ground!

Wheatley 03-30-2010 05:12 AM

I like how all the shows show the blood trail most of the time on the rages and say thats why I shoot Rage broadheads. I was watching a show the other night when a rage was used and a well placed shot on an antelope. They didn't mention this time that they were using the rage broadheads because the blood trail was scarce and then just went away. The antelope went a long ways and they never did say how far.

The point being that any broadhead out there will do the job and there is no telling when or when not you will have a great blood trail. Put the shot in the place it needs to be and you are set. I would shoot either or but I prefer a fixed blade head.

YooperMike 03-30-2010 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by bigbulls (Post 3604015)
It penetrates better.

Gospel. Nuf said.

BigDaddy12t 03-30-2010 06:52 AM

I honestly dont know wich is better, but I picked the rage only because that is what I am using. I have yet to shoot anything with it, but I am hoping to take care of that this season.

MeanV2 03-30-2010 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by bigbulls (Post 3604015)
It penetrates better.

Gotta agree 100%

My opinion is based on tons of feedback from my customers as well as my own personal use.

Dan

2 Samuel 22:35 03-30-2010 09:28 AM

Thanks for the all the info.
I am new to bowhunting but i already love it!
I think i am going to go Slick Trick.
It sounds like a good BroadHead Overall
But really do you guys have any Pix?
I love seeing whole holes in a deer made by a broad head

PS when i said i am new to bowhunting that does not mean i am new to hunting.