Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Rage VS. Slick Trick >

Rage VS. Slick Trick

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: Which Broadhead is Better Rage or Slick Trick
Rage is Better
44.44%
Slick Trick is Better
55.56%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Rage VS. Slick Trick

Old 03-31-2010, 02:59 PM
bigcountry

This has to be a trick question.

Old 03-31-2010, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Test Drive your Broadheads

BRAODHEADTEST
Old 03-31-2010, 04:03 PM
Typical Buck

Both of these are fine, from what I hear, if you have the $$$$$$$$$$

BigBuck95

It's all about the benjamins, and lincolns, and washingtons.....
Old 04-01-2010, 08:14 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by OHbowhntr
Slick Trick Entry holes on a couple of deer....

Wasp Jak-Hammer Entry holes....

Now the BIG difference is....... The Slick Tricks were able to be sharpened and used again without blade changes or anything after going through those 2 Big old does and both BH's HAD been through at least one other animal before those two does picture. While both Jak-Hammer BH's were in need of at least one blade needing replaced, after going through those deer. Blood trails were 50 and 70yds for the ST's, while they were 70 and 130yds for the Jak-Hammers!!! And 3 of those deer had their heart hit while the 3 had her Aorta severed. All of the blood trails were sufficient, actually,the first doe pictured was "tracked" by my 5yr old just to let her get out in the woods, and she followed the 70yd trail in a matter of a couple minutes walking me right to the deer!!!

Here is HER "Hero Picture......"

Hope that gives you something to think about in your decision making process.
Wow that sorta eliminates the competition i think i am going to go with slick trick or muzzy.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 2 Samuel 22:35
Wow that sorta eliminates the competition i think i am going to go with slick trick or muzzy.
Go with the Slick Trick, they're TOUGHER, and fly better. Muzzy's were great until about 4-5yrs ago and then batches of them started coming out that 1 in 3 of heads didn't fly true. Looking at the construction of a ST, would sell you for sure, it's literally a field point w/ a chiselled tip, and then it's slotted to allow the blades to be inserted. 4 blades vs. 3 = more cutting, and the blades are considerably thicker than Muzzy as well. Expandables are nice if you like a one and done BH, but if you want one you can practice with and shoot and shoot and shoot, then just sharpen a bit and put through animal after animal after animal, a SLICK TRICK will fit that bill.
Old 04-04-2010, 04:44 AM
Fork Horn

sticking with my vortex proved year after year to be a killer with no flaws yet. the slick trick didnt look like it penetrated enough to leave an exit hole in the video the wac em went deep.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:09 PM
Fork Horn

Definately the slick tricks overe the rage!IN MY OPINION.
Ive used both.Rage broadheads R a one shot and done deal blades never seem to close right after 1st shot,+they open way to easy.Ive shot deer with both.the slick tricks fly awesome and give u a great entrance and exit hole!Gives u very quick kills cause of the 4 blade cut.Ive shot a deer with the rage.No pass thru?Poor blood trail just little drops here and there I found that deer late next day over 200yrds away!Half arrow and rage broad head still in it 1 blade WAS broke off was gone,The other broke just barely still on broadhead.this shot shouldve exited the animal very easy since NO solid bone was hit!!just rib bone.And any broadhead with a trocar or good steel tip and sharp blades,will go thru game like warm butter and stick in the ground!!!The tip on the rage is rounded bullet like with only a small 2 blade cut tip,but the other 2 sides of point are just rounded?????This is from my experience.All i can recommend after shooting hundreds of different broadheads is if u really want to try a mechanical use the wasp jakhammer.But watchout for quartering shots.Slick tricks fly like field tips.Muzzy 3 blade always worked great,just the blood trails,arnt as good as 4 blade or your 1 3/4"cut of a jakhammer which meens your game will hemorage faster and bleed out/EXPIRE QUICKER.
Sorry for the novel hope some of this helps.
And for those who disagree with this,This is just my opinion,from my experience...Good luck..

Last edited by cjgjr; 04-05-2010 at 05:57 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:47 PM
Spike

rage all the way

but seriously, with the right shot placement all braodheads work, i just use the rage cause i dont have to change anything from field point to broadhead.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:46 PM
Spike

I used a Rage for the first time last year, however, and am pretty happy with the results. I got a complete pass through, and it put a giant hole in him. I've heard great things about the STs, but I'm pretty happy with the Rage for now.
Attached Thumbnails Rage VS. Slick Trick-rage.jpg  
Old 04-07-2010, 04:35 PM
Fork Horn

ok , i have used slick tricks for 3 years . but last year i could not find slick tricks anywere near my house so my buddy bought me a pack of rages and here are my thoughts,
2 years ago took 6 deer with the slick tricks all 6 expired within 40 yards with 2 just jumping ten feet or so then looking around not even knowing what happend and all 6 were complete passthroughs,
last year i used rages and took 7 deer 5 were passthrougths and not one deer expired in less then 60 yards.
i believe the slick tricks cut so fast and so clean that the deer dont even know what hit them and they start to bleed out before they can even think.
now the rages take alot of KE to open, and i think they hit the body hard causing the blades to open and inflict a monster whole , but i think the deer feel that massive thumb in the cage and they bolt trigering what i call adranalin running , one doe i took i hit her double lung and she bolted like a bullet and she ran over 80 yards and did not produce good blood until about 20 yards into the trail

well thats just my O , but i know im going back to slick tricks next year for sure