Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

broadheads

Old 03-29-2010, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kwilson16
That thread has been viewed over 60,000 times and for a VERY GOOD REASON!!!
Old 04-01-2010, 07:37 AM
Spike

I totally agree with OHbowhntr and everyone else about correct tuning. That being said, your bow can be tuned and you can still be hitting in different spots. A piece of crap broadhead won't fly straight even if you're tuned correctly. I had this same problem when I got my new Mathews. It wasn't until I tried several different broadheads that I was finally accurate with both field tips and broadheads. It's the same with everything else bowhunting- you can get advice from everyone, but it really comes down to YOUR setup, and what YOU'RE comfortable with. Everyone is different. Your buddy might have the same bow, strings, arrows, etc. but shoot a different broadhead to get the best accuracy with his setup.
I would say once your bow is tuned correctly, try different broadheads. I tried Grim Reaper, NAP, Maniac, and finally 3 Blade Rage. The Rage is what I finally decided was best for me and my setup- absolutely accurate. And you wouldn't believe the hole they've blown in 2 deer I've taken. But they may not be best for you.
I know it costs money to try these things, but confidence in your accuracy is priceless. Find whatever works for you.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by TreestandPilot
I totally agree with OHbowhntr and everyone else about correct tuning. That being said, your bow can be tuned and you can still be hitting in different spots. A piece of crap broadhead won't fly straight even if you're tuned correctly. I had this same problem when I got my new Mathews. It wasn't until I tried several different broadheads that I was finally accurate with both field tips and broadheads. It's the same with everything else bowhunting- you can get advice from everyone, but it really comes down to YOUR setup, and what YOU'RE comfortable with. Everyone is different. Your buddy might have the same bow, strings, arrows, etc. but shoot a different broadhead to get the best accuracy with his setup.
I would say once your bow is tuned correctly, try different broadheads. I tried Grim Reaper, NAP, Maniac, and finally 3 Blade Rage. The Rage is what I finally decided was best for me and my setup- absolutely accurate. And you wouldn't believe the hole they've blown in 2 deer I've taken. But they may not be best for you.
I know it costs money to try these things, but confidence in your accuracy is priceless. Find whatever works for you.
That being said, I just would mention SLICK TRICKS as the very BEST flying broadhead I've ever shot. And they leave good holes and good bloodtrails as well. (See Slick Trick vs. Rage Poll Thread)
Old 04-01-2010, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bow tune, bow fit, and form are everything when it comes to accuracy.

Arrow spine... yeah it is important... but it isn't nearly as critical as people make it out to be (NOT AT 20 YARDS ANYWAY).

You need to tune that baby. Your Muzzy's are great heads, and Muzzy's are also great indicators of poor bow tune because they have that nice heavy steel tip on them. If your arrows are not square, or your bow is not tuned... they won't fly worth a chit.

You need to start by moving your rest to the right just a small amount at a time until you get the windage lining up properly.... baby steps... and only one direction at a time.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:46 AM
Spike

send me your muzzys and try another brand of bh...LOL. Seroiusly try tuning your bow and see where that gets ya.

Kill em all and let god sort em out!!!
Old 04-02-2010, 08:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

NAP Razorbaks

Rage 2 blade

only two I'd use...