Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Bucknasty strings?? >

Bucknasty strings??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bucknasty strings??

Old 03-16-2010, 09:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yes, the price is a set of string and cable.

I like 452X. Though X-cell is exactly the same material from Brownell so either one is fine. It is very stable and once settled it stays that way.

Center serving - I like Crown serving from Brownell much better than I like 62 because it is extremely slick which makes for a very clean nock release from the string and is extremely durable and wear resistant. It also lays very flat and tight. I have never worn out crown serving. I haven't used Halo for center serving but I think halo is very similar to crown.

Halo or crown serving on all other servings. Though when I make my own strings I use Brownell mini serving for end loops and cam servings because ultra thin so it lays extremely tight and will not slip.

Don't worry about what diameter to use. He knows what to put where.

Honestly, just tell him what two colors you want your string and cable to be and what bow it's for and let him do the rest. You will like what you get.

Last edited by bigbulls; 03-16-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:18 AM
Dominant Buck

Man, you sure do get bitter when someone contradicts your experiences.
Bitter? I'm in no way "bitter". I just pointed out that there might be more to the story than meets the eye.

Like....there's "usually" a reason when a group pushes certain products. You work with a Bowtech dealer. Dan's on the staff. Does it surprise me that you guys push what you do? Of course not. Am I blind to it? Of course not.

I have no affiliation with ANY company. Not one.

Last edited by GMMAT; 03-17-2010 at 02:57 AM.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Again? Knock off all the bickering back and forth and keep it civil.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just an FYI for eveyone. I am affliated with the following companies.
1. BowTech/Diamond
2. PSE
3. Martin
4. Slick Trick
5. G5
6. VaporTrail
7. Winners Choice
8. HHA
9. Spot Hogg
10. New Archery Products
11. Easton
12. Carbon Express
13. Quality Archery Designs
14. Viper Archery
15. EP Hunting

It goes on but I'm tired of typing. I hope most understand I am affliated with, have been, or could be with most companies. It's my choice and what I decide is best for me and my customers.

Any statements made are made from 1st hand experience during my many years involved in the Archery Industry.

Dan
Old 03-17-2010, 03:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Back on course...I have John's info at home! maybe do a search on here and find it or I will try to post it this evening when I get home.Dan(MeanV) has good stuff and John(Bucknasty) makes great strings also,both are working men in the industry and trying to make a living so I'm neutral.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by RLoving1
Back on course...I have John's info at home! maybe do a search on here and find it or I will try to post it this evening when I get home.Dan(MeanV) has good stuff and John(Bucknasty) makes great strings also,both are working men in the industry and trying to make a living so I'm neutral.
Hey! Long time No see! Where have you been hiding?

How did your season go? You still giving Ausie Guy a hard time?

Don't cut him any slack!

Dan
Old 03-17-2010, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm still around,had good season! Haven't talked to Russ much...those trad guys are mean to me! Been busy,oilfield doesn't think it can do without me! Whats with HNI...running kinda slow isn't it?
Old 03-17-2010, 06:20 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by GMMAT

I have no affiliation with ANY company. Not one.
Thats what I used to love about forums 10-14 years ago. You got the real scoop on products. You didn't have corporations doing spin control all over the internet. I remember in 98 when Harley Davidson had twincam bearings going out left and right. Riders had forums to go to and complain. Then in 2000, HD got smart and started getting staff involved with spin control. You never got the real information.

Old 03-17-2010, 09:18 AM
Fork Horn

[QUOTE=bigbulls;3596389]You're right, we push Bowtech strings and nothing else. Bowtech offers a new bow with every ten strings ya know. What a reach GMMAT. Man, you sure do get bitter when someone contradicts your experiences.

Your 100% on track with that one!!
Old 03-17-2010, 09:24 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by MeanV2
Just an FYI for eveyone. I am affliated with the following companies.
1. BowTech/Diamond
2. PSE
3. Martin
4. Slick Trick
5. G5
6. VaporTrail
7. Winners Choice
8. HHA
9. Spot Hogg
10. New Archery Products
11. Easton
12. Carbon Express
13. Quality Archery Designs
14. Viper Archery
15. EP Hunting

It goes on but I'm tired of typing. I hope most understand I am affliated with, have been, or could be with most companies. It's my choice and what I decide is best for me and my customers.

Any statements made are made from 1st hand experience during my many years involved in the Archery Industry.

Dan
I completely understand your affliation to products.. My family owns a archery shop (mostly bowtech/diamond dealer) they also carries many and I mean many other affliations--depends of course on sights/rests/releases/arrows/xbows/cases/targets/ect.... The shelves are stocked full and the products are pushed because they are good quality products not in order to make a buck.. One secret to any business is to make sure your customers are satified and happy.. If you sell them junk just because of the name then it won't take long before you're out of business.. If someone has been able to stay afloat through good and rough times in the archery business then they are do something right.. My guess is they are NOT advertising junk and or selling it.. Its just common sense to me...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.