Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How Long??

Old 03-16-2010, 08:02 PM
Spike

this past season was my first bowhunting season, i came from a city family no one hunted or even knew anything about it, i started talking to my buddy at work, who only gun hunts, but he knew i guy selling a bow for a damn good price, so i started reading and studing, and bought all the stuff to put on the bow, and started practicing. i had 10 months of time to get prepared and learn everything i could when the season finally came. i fell in love with hunting, i only bowhunt, dont own any guns. and i ended my first season with 2 bucks and one doe. and also got a raccoon and a rabbit. and alomost had a fox..
Old 03-16-2010, 08:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats Jack!! Nothing like the rush of getting those 1st kills.

Kat (my wife) decided to hunt 3 years ago, and for me that was an Awesome season. Not in my accomplishments but in the Fun I had sharing her excitement and experiencing her first bow kill with her.

Dan
Old 03-16-2010, 08:16 PM
Spike

thanks, yea i know what you mean, when i took my first buck, its was the first time i took my 9yr son with me, and what made it even better was seeing his excitement when i realized i made a good shot on it, we were on the ground sitting behind some mesh netting that i just put up to hide some movements...
Old 03-16-2010, 08:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by m98jack
thanks, yea i know what you mean, when i took my first buck, its was the first time i took my 9yr son with me, and what made it even better was seeing his excitement when i realized i made a good shot on it, we were on the ground sitting behind some mesh netting that i just put up to hide some movements...
Congrats!! I'm sure that was an Awesome experience

Dan
Old 03-17-2010, 04:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MeanV2
How Long have you been Bowhunting?
Only three years.

For me this will be my 42nd season
Jeez you're old.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:21 AM
Fork Horn

Been Hunting all together since I was 4. Started bowhunting around 12 and now I"m 29 so thats 17 years, man it goes by fast!! i can still remember my first kill. I was 14 (didn't have any good shots the first two years) I had a big nanny walk right under me from behind. Stuck her right between the should blades, she went about 40 yards and piled up was a great day. I remember how proud my dad was. Still to this day I think he gets more excited when I shoot one than when he does lol I can't wait till my children get into it if they choose to. All three are little now but my oldest boy who turns seven this weekend (20th) will be getting his first "real" bow I can't wait...... GOOD TIMES
Old 03-17-2010, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I started bowhunting when in 05 when i was 15, i bought an OLD bear bow. Draw length was WAY to long, i didnt shoot very good with it. Thanks goodness i never got shoot anything with it. Then the next year i got a high country sniper. It was a small improvement but it still didnt fit me all that well. The next year, i bought my first decent compound, a bear instinct and it actually fit me. And i believe that year is when i found this site and my deer sighting increased and i killed my first archery deer that season, a small button buck. The next season was 08 and i killed my first archery buck, 123" 10pt. Ive had pretty good sucess the past couple years and i own most of it to this site.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:57 AM
Fork Horn

Started shooting a 45 lb bear recurve in 90. That x-mas i got my first compound a PSE and shot it bare bow. I killed my first deer shooting barebow and killed quite a few more that way. I then turned to sights and have been hunting that way since. I still shoot a recurve once in awhile. I'M actually looking to buying another one here soon
Old 03-17-2010, 07:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by LittleChief
Jeez you're old.
LC, Tell me something I don't know!!

Dan
Old 03-17-2010, 07:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

LC, Tell me something I don't know!!

Dan
At our age, we are lucky to live through the 60s and 70s...

But...I was able to see The Rolling Stones, Sanatana, Three Dog Night, James Taylor, The Auman Brothers, Crosby Sills Nash and Young when they were in their prime...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.