Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Is bowhunting "all" (or mostly) about the challenge, to you? >

Is bowhunting "all" (or mostly) about the challenge, to you?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is bowhunting "all" (or mostly) about the challenge, to you?

Old 03-18-2010, 11:35 AM
Kid
Typical Buck

Here's another twist: If you knew you were never going to kill a buck bigger than 100" for the rest of your bow hunting career, would you still bow hunt?
Old 03-18-2010, 03:33 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Kid
Here's another twist: If you knew you were never going to kill a buck bigger than 100" for the rest of your bow hunting career, would you still bow hunt?
Oh yea, the only way I would quit deer hunting is if I couldn't eat the meat.

Old 03-18-2010, 10:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bowhunting

Besides harvesting a deer with a bow, using my climber to get 18-22ft up and 'disappear' into the leaves is part of the rush for me.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Kid
Originally Posted by bigcountry
Oh yea, the only way I would quit deer hunting is if I couldn't eat the meat.
I like big buck hunting a ton but like Mark said the meat means something too so yes I'd still keep bowhunting.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:27 PM
Fork Horn

[quote=Schultzy;3596018]Good bunch of post's here everyone!!

To me there's no quieter time In the woods then bowhunting. A person can learn so much just sitting there listening and enjoying what mother nature throws at ya.

I definetly have to agree with this one. The solitude that bow hunting provides is one of the most peaceful places for me to be. Unlike gun season where it sounds like WW III across the country side, it is just pure silence. Just sitting there watching all of the random animals that come by your stand having a bird land so close to you sitting in stand there is nothing better than that. But I also like the challenge that bowhunting provides now that I have been doing it for a few years now and don't just try to shoot the first thing that walks out in front of me. But to be completely honest the reason that I got into bow hunting was a buddy of mine talked me into it just because the season was longer and it gave me more time out in the woods and could get out of the house more!!!!!
Old 03-21-2010, 01:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

For me the peace and tranquility of being out there and seeing all the different wildlife that the woods has to offer. So solitude is surely a big part of it. Being able to stalk them from the ground surely adds to the challenge of it all. I do not have a pile of deer shot with a bow up here. I do however have some deer behind me and all have left some fond memories. It is a great feeling looking into one's eye as it walks past you. Trying to move your bow into position with out being noticed by the deer walking right there beside you. Some times it is just trying to figure out where that deer might come out up ahead of you so you can get a shot at it. There is nothing in the world that can beat this type of hunting. Except with a long bow instead of a compound... For those that says it is easy try up here to hunt them. With a low deer population that is constantly on the move from predators chasing after them as well as our normally harsh winters deer here are very weary..

So yes, the challenge is a big part of it along with a chance to relax with no worries about any thing at all. Simply relaxing and being in contact with other wildlife out in the great outdoors..
Old 03-22-2010, 06:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Kid
I definitely would because I Love to eat!!!

I Love Venison!!

I love hunting all the parts of the season and all the different temps I have been out in, 80 degrees to 25 below zero. They both hold their own special challenges

Dan
Old 03-22-2010, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love shooting. I love bows. To kill an animal with the thing I love is an unexplainable rush...

I'd say I'm one of the few people who would truly pass on killing a nice buck if it had to be with a gun. I'd rather eat my tags than kill a pny with a gun.

My father and friends think I'm crazy...

I don't see it as more of a challenge anymore bc quite honestly on most days I could put an arrow in the lungs of a deer at 60-70yds given the right conditions, and that's about as far as our woods permits... I just like bein out there with my bow. The thought of the opportunity of an arrowed deer keeps me in the tree...

I wouldn't say I'm a trophy or a meat hunter as I don't have the time to put into trophy hunting anymore, but between mr an my family we don't need the meat... I kill whenever I'm in the mood to kill on a given day.

I used to set goals etc but that makes the season less enjoyable for me. I'd rather go into the season and do whatever I feel like when the opportunity comes...

I like bows
Old 03-22-2010, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's several reasons for me:
Longer seasons/time in the woods
Feel safer in the woods
Bragging about bowhunting
I love to shoot bows!
Old 03-22-2010, 06:52 PM
Spike

i like bow huntong for the challenge, i got three deer, with my bow this yr, but if i was gun hunting i coulda had alot more, i like the challenge of having to get them that close, and more time in the woods is great too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.