HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   sight help (octane dissapointment) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/319649-sight-help-octane-dissapointment.html)

ozbowhunter 03-15-2010 02:50 PM

sight help (octane dissapointment)

well i posted sometime ago questions regarding the wirhdrawel from sale the octane bowsight and got different reasons why it was withdrawn
seems i now know why after about 10 arrows the adjustments have failed the left and right adjustments have seemed to seize and now only allow 1/4 inch movement

so thats a sight for the bin i have emailed octane and will see what they come back with
but being that im in uk and have no agent near me and the sight was purchased in the usa on a visit im probably going to be stuck with a broken sight

but anyway having said all this i am now looking for a new sight so i would like your input guys

here is what i like in a sight please tell me what you use and what works well in your opinions?

5 x .019 pins
micro adjustment for everything windage elevation and individual pins

non dovetail fittings (but if theres a good sight i will look at it)

camo but again black is cool to

so let me see what you guys think and if any bowtech guys have answers or info on the octane sight that would be great as well

MeanV2 03-15-2010 03:16 PM

Hopefully BowTech will give you some kind of satisfaction on your Octane sight. IMO they should!!

As far as other sights the Spot Hogg Hunter Hoggit or the Viper Predator Micro Tune would be my choices that are close to what you are looking for.

Dan

kwilson16 03-15-2010 04:29 PM

I bought the Spot Hogg Hunter Hoggit last summer. It's expensive but worth it. Durable. Easily adjusted. Bright.

Probably the last sight that I will buy for a very long time.

MeanV2 03-15-2010 08:15 PM

Oz, Can you communicate with the dealer you bought the sight from and see if he can get anything done for you?

Dan

ozbowhunter 03-16-2010 12:34 AM

dan have sent them an email but no reply will send another to them and will let you know

MeanV2 03-16-2010 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by ozbowhunter (Post 3595826)
dan have sent them an email but no reply will send another to them and will let you know

Hopefully they will step up to the plate and take care of you in your situation.

You never miss customer service until it is Not there.

Good Luck!!

Dan

ozbowhunter 03-16-2010 04:25 AM

true but my concern is how do they help???? the sight is withdrawn so cant be replaced they shouldnt have to refund me its not there fault

so i feel i should have a response from octane but still not sure how they can help?

what happens in the end is total loss of confidence in there product

SGT.H 03-16-2010 04:32 AM

The Hoggit Hunter should fill the bill. Got one last year, and love it.

ozbowhunter 03-16-2010 05:04 AM

am looking at the viper predator microtune but are the pins micro adjustable individually?

IL-Cornfed 03-16-2010 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by ozbowhunter (Post 3595534)

here is what i like in a sight please tell me what you use and what works well in your opinions?

5 x .019 pins
micro adjustment for everything windage elevation and individual pins

non dovetail fittings (but if theres a good sight i will look at it)

camo but again black is cool to

Based on your above quote.... THIS is what you need. :s4:

Sounds like you've exactly described the Spot-Hogg, Hunter Hogg-It. Many feel that it's initially to expensive but once you trash a couple sights you realize that you should have bought the bomb-proof Spot-Hogg the first time around.

All kidding aside, I've never found a tougher bowhunting sight!

ozbowhunter 03-16-2010 10:39 AM

looks like a nice sight if i can take my eyes off your avatar lol
any opinions on Axcel Armortech hd sight??? looks good

ozbowhunter 03-18-2010 12:40 PM

well no surprise as of yet no reply from octane or bowtech and the store i git it from is trying to contact them as well
but my confidence in bowtech and octane is slowly dropping

ozbowhunter 03-23-2010 09:09 AM

still nothing no reply from octane???? looks like octane/bowtech have lost a customer and i will be telling everyone how they dont bother with customers very dissapointed