Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Do you really NEED it?  Why? >

Do you really NEED it? Why?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you really NEED it? Why?

Old 03-16-2010, 08:51 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by LittleChief
We want to keep up with the Joneses, so we need the newest, fastest, flashiest bow out there with all the bells and whistles.
Best statement I've read thus far. When it comes down to it like someone stated earlier, a bow and arrow with a sharp rock on the end is really about all the equipment you need. Heck our not so distant ancestors made it work for years

I love all the new bells and whistle's that come out each year. It amazes me how far along bowhunting has come over the last 15 to 20 years! Each year I can't wait to see whats gonna be the new hot bow or rest or sight ( love my limb driver by the way ). Do I need any of this to be successful, Nope but this is my passion and thats the difference to me.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I really, really, really NEED my Sonic broadheads
Old 03-16-2010, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I guess all I really need is a SPEAR to kill deer.....

however, I prefer to have the best built gear money can buy.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:47 PM
Site Buck Guru

I shoot a 13 year old compound with fixed pin fiber optic sights, a stabilizer, peep sight (no rubber tube = respect!) and a release. Only have rubber speed bumps on the string at each end, no other silencing equipment. I still shoot aluminum arrows and fixed broadheads.

I really don't need or want much of anything.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:55 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by GregH
I shoot a 13 year old compound with fixed pin fiber optic sights, a stabilizer, peep sight (no rubber tube = respect!) and a release. Only have rubber speed bumps on the string at each end, no other silencing equipment. I still shoot aluminum arrows and fixed broadheads.

I really don't need or want much of anything.
But you have that high tech camo on.

Old 03-16-2010, 01:14 PM
Fork Horn

My two cents, a compound bow with all the bells and whistles (with an experienced archer) will with no doubt out shoot someone with traditional equipement only.. You traditional shooters may feel differently but it time to wake up and smell the coffee--you want to be more efficient, accurate, and gain the ability to shoot further, you need the type of equipement to make that possible, not just a bow, string, and arrow (rest).. I'm not at all trashing traditional hunters, because I respect what you do, but they are out matched when it comes to the new style of archery..

Last edited by SWThomas; 03-16-2010 at 06:07 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:03 PM
Fork Horn

Gmmt, Actually to answer your question--"Do you think the guy with the scoped rifle could do the same to you?" NO... At some distances (like you stated) or better said, at the distances that I shoot my bow at, no I don't think I would get out shot.. Say for example, 40 yards and in, I would take that challenge every day of the week.. I'm shooting my bow free-hand so of course I would expect the riflemen to do the same.. I can hit spots all day long from these distances and I feel very confident in my shooting.. To be completely honest I do shoot my bow better then I shoot my rifle, reasoning being that I don't care about shooting rifles and love shooting bow, which I take great pride in..
Old 03-16-2010, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Knock off all the bickering and get back to the topic or this thread will go away.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by IL-Cornfed
I guess all I really need is a SPEAR to kill deer.....

however, I prefer to have the best built gear money can buy.
Does this mean you're getting a Hoyt Carbon Matrix?

Love the avatar!
Old 03-16-2010, 04:53 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by SWThomas
Knock off all the bickering and get back to the topic or this thread will go away.
Was wondering when someone was going to put a stop to this seems to happen whenever certain people start something with another certain somebody,only one missing is hch.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.