Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Octane Hostage Pro Rest >

Octane Hostage Pro Rest

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Octane Hostage Pro Rest

Old 03-13-2010, 05:36 PM
Spike

Default Octane Hostage Pro Rest

Any opinions on this rest for hunting?
Old 03-13-2010, 06:17 PM
Fork Horn

My brother-in-law had one on his bow and the brushes wear out in about a month or so, he replaced those and had the samething happen not to long after.. He got rid of it and got a drop away.. no personal experience with them because I'm in favor of drops..
Old 03-13-2010, 06:20 PM
Spike

I see you use a rip-cord. Any problems with it?

Last edited by Elton Savell; 03-13-2010 at 06:28 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:26 PM
Typical Buck

I like it. works great for me and i haven't had any trouble with the brushes yet. They send an extra set of them with the rest too. The only downfall with the rest is that it will show you the flaws in your shooting form if you are used to shooting a drop away. I was dropping my arm a shade to soon with it and it reflected in my arrow flight, which i never noticed with a drop away. that is now fixed and really like the rest
Old 03-14-2010, 12:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Some people have had trouble with brushes wearing out. I know BowTech has made an attempt to improve them, and hopefully they got the job done. There is also the time proven Whisker Biscuit if the constant fletching contact does Not bother you.

If you want a Drop away there are several choices out there, but none that setup as simple or work more consistently than the VaporTrail Limb Driver.

Dan
Old 03-14-2010, 01:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have used one on the last two bows I have had and loved them. I have not had any problems with brushes wearing out at all.

I honestly thing the problem with the bottom brush wearing out comes from bows that do not have level nock travel (most single cam bows), untuned bows, or those that do not use a loop and nock under the arrow. This seems to be the going trend of all that have come to me with problems with the hostage pro.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:10 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Elton Savell
I see you use a rip-cord. Any problems with it?
No, its the new 2010 so I haven't had it that long yet.. I probably have about 1000 arrows shot so far with it.. But so far so good, I know 3 other people that have them and they are all loving as I am with no problems.. Check out the website they do a good job of explaining the features of the rest.. I would recommend!
Old 03-14-2010, 04:27 PM
Spike

I can't tell you for sure about the hunting application of the Hostage Pro but I will say for target shooting I do not care for it at all. I have shot 300 or so arrows this weekend ( just got the bow Saturday morning and have done nothing but shoot since), and I can already see the difference in the brushes. I actually just finished putting in my order for the Ripcord Code Red arrow rest. Can't wait to get it and try it out.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Love my hostage pro, but I don't shoot an overly amount
Old 03-15-2010, 05:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default Hostage Pro

Ive had one on my last three bows. I never had a problem with them. I wore the bottom brush down after about ten months of regular shooting, but it wore very evenly. Great rest if you need the containment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.