Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Most Important Things On Your Bow?? >

Most Important Things On Your Bow??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Most Important Things On Your Bow??

Old 03-13-2010, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Most Important Things On Your Bow??

just thinking about what i need for my bow to get ready to start shooting again and i was wondering to myself what the most important things on my bow were that i needed to cover, so i was just curious to what do you guys think the most important things on your bows are??

Mine are:
stabilizer
string(which im lookin for a new one)
release
rest
D loop
Arrows
Broad heads/Field Points

i also keep hearing good things about string stoppers, thinkin about gettin one of those too
Old 03-13-2010, 06:21 PM
Fork Horn

I believe you basically got everything covered.. You didnt mention "sights" I think that would be important.. Maybe type of peep (tube/tubeless/no peep, size of peep).. I don't shoot with a peep sight, so it is important to me to have a good kisser botton that is properly placed.. Possibly something like string leaches that may helpw with vibration and noise..
Old 03-13-2010, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Mathews Logo! Won't shoot right without one...
Old 03-14-2010, 11:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

I still say the best bang for your $$ in bow accessories is a good string suppressor. There are a lot of choices available today. I was the 1st to offer camo & optional finishes, and I still do. I also make Hoyt & BowTech OEM replacements which are becoming very popular. The new website should launch within the week and if I don't have it listed I can probably get it for you.

Dan
Old 03-14-2010, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

i keep hearing alot about a G5 peep. whats so good about it?? also what would the diameter matter in the G5 peep?? i have thought about a kisser but im not sure if it would improve anything, im not sure though. i have a cheap truglo sight that i think works great, 4 pins is all i need and its very illuminated
Old 03-14-2010, 02:49 PM
Spike

Anchor Sight and BStinger
Old 03-14-2010, 05:01 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by kwaldeier
i keep hearing alot about a G5 peep. whats so good about it?? also what would the diameter matter in the G5 peep?? i have thought about a kisser but im not sure if it would improve anything, im not sure though. i have a cheap truglo sight that i think works great, 4 pins is all i need and its very illuminated
The G5 peep is a nice peep.. I do not use a peep sight so that is the reasoning behind me using a kisser, but I know a lot of people that use both a peep and a kisser, I guess for extra insurance.. They seem to like both..
Old 03-16-2010, 02:08 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by demoIL
Old 03-17-2010, 04:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by demoIL

Old 03-17-2010, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kwaldeier
just thinking about what i need for my bow to get ready to start shooting again and i was wondering to myself what the most important things on my bow were that i needed to cover,

Mine are:
stabilizer
I was just curious as to what stabilizer you use to make you place it as the most important accessory on your rig? I know several folks who would have answered the same way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.