Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Which thumb release? >

Which thumb release?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which thumb release?

Old 03-01-2010, 07:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default Which thumb release?

Tru Fire 3D Camo release or Jimi T thumb release? I own 2 of the Tru fires and just got a steal on the Jimi T. I love my Tru Fires and havent quite gotten used to the Jimi T yet but I'm sure I will. Anybody have any thoughts on either or both?
Old 03-02-2010, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a tru fire and thought it was junk. The trigger had kinda a "sticky" felling. Ive heard that the tur ball thumb releases are 10x the release that the tru fire is.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:44 AM
Fork Horn

i shoot truball diamond extreme. only had one season but i loved it, feels very crisp and clean.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot a Tru Ball T Handle. I think it was $70, and I enjoy it. It man not be the best though.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:55 PM
Fork Horn

I had the Tru Ball Pro Diamond Extreme before I got the Tru Fires that I have now and to be honest, I just like the feel of the textured thumb trigger vs the smooth. They both shot nice for me just my preference I guess.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:32 PM
Fork Horn

How does a thumb release work exactly? I'm new to archery (first season) and have only used the trigger style kind that go around your wrist. The one I have is just a Cabelas-brand one, and it seems a little touchy on the trigger. Like...it only takes very light pressure to flip the trigger, and I kind of wish there was a little more resistance.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:29 PM
Spike

I shoot a Mako 3 finger http://www.thecenterx.net/Archery/Mako/mako.html
Its a very solid thumb release with a good variety of springs so you can change the break weight. I use a pretty heavy breaking weight so i can back tension a fair bit into the shot.
Good kit - tho Carter have some that are just as good or better (just more expensive!)
Old 03-11-2010, 02:01 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by tsaxybabe
How does a thumb release work exactly? I'm new to archery (first season) and have only used the trigger style kind that go around your wrist. The one I have is just a Cabelas-brand one, and it seems a little touchy on the trigger. Like...it only takes very light pressure to flip the trigger, and I kind of wish there was a little more resistance.
Most wrist type release triggers are adjustable. What brand/model do you have?
Old 03-11-2010, 02:36 PM
Fork Horn

i lov my true fire , plus they got good customer service i send mine in every year and get it cleaned and new jaws put in it . its good for hunting to . plus if you lose it it wont break the bank
Old 03-12-2010, 08:09 AM
Fork Horn

I've had my Tru Fires for quite sometime now (5 yrs or so). Why would you get the jaws replaced so often? I haven't had a single probblem with any of them. And as far as cleaning them, I simply use Hoppes #9 (gun cleaning solvent) and soak the head and clean it out that way. Idk, everyone has there own method of doing things but I guess I don't get the jaw replacement deal......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.