Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shrink Fletch

Old 02-28-2010, 08:32 AM
Spike

Default Shrink Fletch

Has anyone ever used the shrink fletch? Pro's and con's
Old 02-28-2010, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been using it now for a couple years and I really like it. I'm thinking of selling my fletcher, I like it so well. The only problem I ever had was I used some that I had put away for about a year and it turned brittle after I applied it to the arrow. Other than that, it has worked perfectly.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 02-28-2010, 07:08 PM
Typical Buck

My friend used it and he told me they are great for a temporary fix. But they do become brittle and flake off.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used them for two kill shots and stopped using them after that. They work great as far as ease of application. However when you shoot somehting they completely rip off and it makes it very hard to see your arrow. Also one of them plugged the entry side wound when it came off. I bought a fletchig jig after that and started fletching them myself. In a pinch I would use them but I would prefer not to.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:53 AM
Spike

I have used them few times, it seems to work well but i am not expert archer so don't mostly use them.