Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Bowtech Guardian 07 >

Bowtech Guardian 07

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech Guardian 07

Old 02-25-2010, 12:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bowtech Guardian 07

Any feedback? I've got one on it's way to me as we speak.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've got an '08 Guardian. Great bow, nice draw, easy to tune, and nice speeds.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:30 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Hurricanespg
I've got an '08 Guardian. Great bow, nice draw, easy to tune, and nice speeds.
what's your setup and extra's on it? just getting an idea of what mends well with this bow

i'm thinkin a 4-6" s-coil limbsaver stabilizer, maybe a trophyridge dropaway along with a g5 or vital gear 5 pin sight.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:35 PM
bigcountry

I owned a commander which was the finest bow I ever had. But I felt I wanted a shorter ATA, so I figured guardian would be just as good just shorter. So I bought it on archery talk and it was night and day difference. Draw cycle sucked compared to the commander. My cables were rubbing at full draw. had to send it back to factory. Got it back and changed out limbs but cam lean was bad. Caused tuning issues. Everything you put thru it showed stiff spined. So I BH tuned it best I could, and lived with it for a season. Sold it. And now got a sentinel. Now I am facing a new set of potential issues with it. I give up with these folks.

I am not saying all guardians have issues by the way. I shot Matt Mickey's when he first got it and it was dead quiet and shot great. Tuned great. Also have shot others. I am just saying I got a bad one. It happenes, but it happened to me.

Old 02-25-2010, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Widgeonator
what's your setup and extra's on it? just getting an idea of what mends well with this bow

i'm thinkin a 4-6" s-coil limbsaver stabilizer, maybe a trophyridge dropaway along with a g5 or vital gear 5 pin sight.

Its a 60lb pull, 29" draw, with a 7" Octane stabilizer (2 weights on the end), a QAD Ultra HD dropaway rest, and a Sword 3rd Plane sight.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:19 AM
Spike

I bought my 07 guardian last year and love it, smooth relatively quick, I dont have it fully set up yet, I robbed stuff of my old bow so I could hunt with it but im going with a QAD dropaway octain stabalizer and HHA sight
Old 02-26-2010, 06:17 PM
Spike

I've got an '07 Guardian and love it. Get it tuned and set up for you, you won't need another bow for years.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

You will Love the Guardian! It is definitely one of the top models made in the last 3 or 4 years.

I liked my Captain a touch better, but that is taking nothing away from the Guardian.

Dan
Old 02-27-2010, 10:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

I absolutly LOVE my 07 Guardian very very smooth shock free good shooting bow The only trouble I had was the module screws backed out a little and gave me a rattle. I fixed with blue lock tight and had no troubles since.
Old 02-28-2010, 04:04 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
I owned a commander which was the finest bow I ever had. But I felt I wanted a shorter ATA, so I figured guardian would be just as good just shorter. Draw cycle sucked compared to the commander.
If I have to do it over again I would have got a commander for that same reason. I have a 08 gurdian, besides the draw its an excellent bow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.