Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Peep...No tubing >

Peep...No tubing

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Peep...No tubing

Old 02-23-2010, 02:03 PM
Typical Buck

Default Peep...No tubing

I was shooting my brother in laws bow the other day and he had a no tubing peep,a blue one I think,I belive it was a G5..Anyway,I really liked it alot,but wonder if it would always perform good or is there times when it doesn't want to rotate around..In other words,i'd like to hear yalls opinion on a tubless peep..Im in the middle of some bow upgrades including a new string,and am thinking of getting a tubless peep..
Old 02-23-2010, 02:09 PM
Fork Horn

Once your string gets broken in and settled out, the peep stays where it is, and you just need to make sure your string loop that your release grabs is positioned right so when you draw back, it will rotate to where it needs to be. At rest, my peep and D loop sit about 90 degrees to the side, and when I draw back, perfect alignment.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:17 PM
Fork Horn

A tubeless peep is a ton better in my opinion, I've shot one on my last couple bows probably for the past 10 years.. To be honest its been a while since I've seen someones bow that didn't have a tubeless peep.. It usually takes some time to break-in your string and can take some adjusting during this period but once that sets in it all good from there.. I actually just purchased the Bowtech Destroyer and decided to go peepless all-together.. I've been wanting to do this for years and decided to take the leap and try it with-out, so far it has been a positive change..
Old 02-24-2010, 04:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

My peep has tubing and I never need to worry about it being there for my eye at the moment of truth! No breaking in string no making sure it's aligned just shoot it's there! A nice insurance when hunting! One less thing to worry about
Old 02-24-2010, 05:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

[quote]My peep has tubing and I never need to worry about it being there for my eye at the moment of truth! No breaking in string no making sure it's aligned just shoot it's there! A nice insurance when hunting! One less thing to worry about[ /quote] Until that tubing breaks at full draw and smacks ya in the eye ball.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:38 AM
Fork Horn

I'm def in favor of a tubless peep!! I use the G5 meta peep large size and its awesome. A friend of mine still has the tube and is constantly having problems with it fallin off or breaking. I'm sure not all tube peeps are that bad but I rather not have to deal with any of it.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

[quote=Howler;3583037]
My peep has tubing and I never need to worry about it being there for my eye at the moment of truth! No breaking in string no making sure it's aligned just shoot it's there! A nice insurance when hunting! One less thing to worry about[ /quote] Until that tubing breaks at full draw and smacks ya in the eye ball.
I was just getting ready to say that. Ya thats just what i want, a tight rubber tube, tied to the cable, pointed right at my eye. No thanks, ill take my tubeless.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

[QUOTE=MOhunter46;3583050]
Originally Posted by Howler
I was just getting ready to say that. Ya thats just what i want, a tight rubber tube, tied to the cable, pointed right at my eye. No thanks, ill take my tubeless.
Hey bud sry never happened and never will! All u got to do is take care of your equipment! Not that hard to do! But I guess for some guys it is! Anyways to each his own. For the couple pennies tubing cost I will continue to use it! Oh yea and replace when needed so it doesn't smack my eye! :-)
Old 02-24-2010, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by twildasin

Hey bud sry never happened and never will! All u got to do is take care of your equipment! Not that hard to do! But I guess for some guys it is! Anyways to each his own. For the couple pennies tubing cost I will continue to use it! Oh yea and replace when needed so it doesn't smack my eye! :-)

You are right, to each his own but never say never, theres always a first for everything. Maybe your in a hurry and you dont get the tube tied just right and the first time you draw back it pops you in the eye. Id prefer to keep my eyesight in both eyes
Old 02-24-2010, 08:17 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by twildasin
My peep has tubing and I never need to worry about it being there for my eye at the moment of truth! No breaking in string no making sure it's aligned just shoot it's there! A nice insurance when hunting! One less thing to worry about
I'm with you on that. I just replace my tubing about 3 or 4 times per year, to keep it from dry rotting. I will continue to use a tube, just to ensure it doesn't twist on me when it's time.
Chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.