Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Would you buy without shooting first? >

Would you buy without shooting first?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you buy without shooting first?

Old 02-22-2010, 12:51 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

[quote=kickin_buck;3581750]

So with that being said, would you buy a bow based on nothing more than specs, reviews, and marketing?

quote]

No I shoot them first. Never know how one is going to feel until you get your hands on it and fling a few arrows.

I do think there is a "placebo" effect for some. They want the flagship bow every year. Hints get dropped online, pictures get released, staff shooters put out a review, etc. By the time they actually get their hands on one it doens't matter how it shoots or feels as they have already convinced themselves it is the end all be all.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:43 PM
Dominant Buck

So with that being said, would you buy a bow based on nothing more than specs, reviews, and marketing?
THE bow?

I did it, once. I'm getting ready to do it, again (already paid for, just waiting for it to get here).

$940?

I wish!
Old 02-22-2010, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess u can say yes cause I'm left handed and if I try a bow it's usually right handed! So I don't get the left handed feel anyways!
Old 02-23-2010, 03:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought my 09 82nd sight unseen but I had owned and used an 08 extensively.

I also bought my 06 Ally sight unseen but the overwhelming popularity of the bow, my preference for binaries and the reasonable price were big factors.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have done it before and will do it again. I have had mixed results. Some bows I've loved and others hated. The only reason I have done this is because I too am left handed. I have learned to shoot right handed, but shooting this way with the wrong draw length does little to tell you about how the bow will feel shooting your natural hand.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

No I won't buy unless I shoot it.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:26 PM
Fork Horn

I think that you should shoot every bow you can get your hands on regradless of being a fanboy or not... There are bows that I have shot that are in my opinion "JUNK" and others swear by them.. That tells me that everyone is different and just because a specific group of people praise a model of a bow doesn't mean you are going to fall in love with it... I shot 40-50 different bows when I decided on the Bowtech Destroyer 340, I never put a price tag on what fits me the best.. I agree there are many bows out there that are great and that are way cheeper then the Destroyer but man it is it worth every single penny!!
Old 02-24-2010, 09:39 AM
Spike

I will never buy a bow that I had not shot. I would not even buy a used one if I had not shot that particular model.
You need to shoot a bow in order to see if it will fit you. You can assume all you want but until you get it in your hand and shoot it you will have no clue what it shoots like.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:59 AM
Fork Horn

I'm left handed also and no i would not buy a new or even a used one with out having shot it or one like it first.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tell me about this"bow X"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.