Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
A "Hows my form" thread along with a robin hood :) >

A "Hows my form" thread along with a robin hood :)

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A "Hows my form" thread along with a robin hood :)

Old 02-22-2010, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by JNTURK
Re-fletch the arrows so they all have the same make & model vane
Their not the same brand of arrow that I have been using the past 5 years. My dad is getting into archery so im sharing them with him as starter arrows.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Your anchor isn't too ideal... It's pretty high, and a little bit back. It looks to me like it's not gonna be too good for overall consistency where your hand is on your face(it's too high). You are shooting good groups yes, but there's always room for form change.

Some people do anchor further back and shoot really well(even some pros), but being high like that is not good.

Your grip hand angle is nice. I like the minimal placement on the handle, but you have alot of tension in your hand and fingers still. Let your fingers fall down. Open/straight fingers= not good. It makes it easy to torque the bow left and right.

You seem like you have good posture and shoulder position as well.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:01 PM
Spike

lol....looks like that sight light comes in handy down there huh?? cant tell real well but i would say you need more light......and some spot targets.

hehe anybody who shoots pse is a friend of mine. how do ya like that bow?? i couldnt believe how light that thing is. i got an 70# x-force and i wish it would shed a few ounces sometimes.

do your practicing at thirty yards. your form issues show up better the farther back you get from the target.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by drockw
Your anchor isn't too ideal... It's pretty high, and a little bit back. It looks to me like it's not gonna be too good for overall consistency where your hand is on your face(it's too high). You are shooting good groups yes, but there's always room for form change.

Some people do anchor further back and shoot really well(even some pros), but being high like that is not good.

Your grip hand angle is nice. I like the minimal placement on the handle, but you have alot of tension in your hand and fingers still. Let your fingers fall down. Open/straight fingers= not good. It makes it easy to torque the bow left and right.

You seem like you have good posture and shoulder position as well.
When I was looking at the photos myself it looked kind of odd having my release up high. I've been shooting that way the past 5 years and its such a habit. Ill try working on it.

kdtanner228, I have the madness and I love it. I bought it right in the middle of deer season and only practiced with it for like a week and ended up shooting two deer with it the first weekend I had it. Its pretty much my dream bow. I agree it is very light. And it pretty quiet and shoots fast too.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...1730def1c4.jpg
this pic here isn't great on the anchor, as the dl was a bit long, but you can see the hand position. Also, notice the grip. My fingers naturally curl up like that.