Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
My 5 point from this year >

My 5 point from this year

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My 5 point from this year

Old 02-23-2010, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by OHbowhntr
That's certainly some good shootin'!!!! Don't take this the wrong way, but had you passed up the little guy, the 120-130" buck would be in a picture rather than this little guy. I like the meat and enjoy the kill as much as anyone, but if we don't let little bucks grow up, they'll never turn into BIG BUCKS!!! Congrats on the shot and recovery, pulling them out of the drink makes for a fun venture, and gives a good story to tell, but a story about that BIG BUCK that never knew you were there is a good one as well. Just something to think about, and believe me, I'm tempted to shoot everyone of them that gets near me, but I talk myself down each time one comes in that just doesn't quite meet "shooter" criteria.
You are so true trust me I know! I have a hard time passing them up! Something I need to get better at!
Old 02-23-2010, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by twildasin
You are so true trust me I know! I have a hard time passing them up! Something I need to get better at!
I know over in PA you guys don't get as many tags as we do in OH, so it's a little different. I usually get my KILLLS (and they're just as exciting as a good buck) out of the way with does, and we get plenty to shoot over here, if I didn't get a couple doe tags, I can't say I wouldn't be the same way. Fortunately, I get to kill a few does while I wait for that nice buck. I've not killed a buck in a few years now, but I always have meat!!!
Old 02-23-2010, 09:48 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats on the kill............but theres proof you gotta let-em go so they can grow
Old 02-23-2010, 11:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats on the buck. It's always tough to pass them when you don't know how often you'll be able to get out. One thing you can count on is those antlers being on your wall and bringing a smile to your face for years to come.

It sure doesn't look like his rack got wet with all that blood. LOL
Old 02-23-2010, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by HuntingBry
Congrats on the buck. It's always tough to pass them when you don't know how often you'll be able to get out. One thing you can count on is those antlers being on your wall and bringing a smile to your face for years to come.

It sure doesn't look like his rack got wet with all that blood. LOL
It's just a small creek actually all the blood was from him blowing it out of his mouth and nose he bleed out in 30 yards! When I opened him up to gut him he was dry no blood he was soaked blood and water!