HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Just Set Up my Destroyer 340!!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/317785-just-set-up-my-destroyer-340-a.html)

Geronimo 02-19-2010 03:54 PM

Just Set Up my Destroyer 340!!!

I rec'd my Bowtech Destroyer 340 yesterday and set it up today and I am thrilled to report that this is beyond anything I have ever shot. My most recent bow the Diamond Black Ice was "GREAT" ( silky smooth draw, vibration free and accurate) BUT the Destroyer is even quieter and as smooth and 16fps faster. Setup@ 26" draw and 65# weight. Now, I'm at 268 fps.and loving it.

MeanV2 02-19-2010 06:29 PM

Glad to hear you are very Pleased. When I shot the Destroyer I was amazed, and felt it was quite possibly the best bow I had ever held in my hand.

I always Loved the Allegiance but it feels like a tuning fork compared to the Destroyer I shot.

Dan

Ben / PA 02-20-2010 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by MeanV2 (Post 3580377)
Glad to hear you are very Pleased. When I shot the Destroyer I was amazed, and felt it was quite possibly the best bow I had ever held in my hand.

I always Loved the Allegiance but it feels like a tuning fork compared to the Destroyer I shot.

Dan

Still waiting on mine, but it has some honestly surprise me if it feels better than the Sentinel. G, it's only 16 fps faster than the Black Ice at the same DW, DL, and arrow?

MeanV2 02-20-2010 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Ben / PA (Post 3580512)
Still waiting on mine, but it has some honestly surprise me if it feels better than the Sentinel. G, it's only 16 fps faster than the Black Ice at the same DW, DL, and arrow?

You think we did something wrong Ben? :s3:

Dan

Geronimo 02-20-2010 06:23 AM

I made a mistake on the 16fps faster than my Black Ice. I am @ 242 fps on the Ice. So, this makes my new Destroyer 26 fps faster......Sorry, I had my head up my _____!!

MeanV2 02-20-2010 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Geronimo (Post 3580536)
I made a mistake on the 16fps faster than my Black Ice. I am @ 242 fps on the Ice. So, this makes my new Destroyer 26 fps faster......Sorry, I had my head up my _____!!

Could be a Brain fart!:poke: I have those occasionally:s3:

Dan

Dixieland Outdoors 02-20-2010 09:59 AM

May have to trade in the ole captain for one of these destroyers

MeanV2 02-21-2010 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Dixieland Outdoors (Post 3580622)
May have to trade in the ole captain for one of these destroyers

I have a Captain and I Love it, but the things I like better on the Destroyer is the lighter weight in hand, and the extra speed. The Destroyer also has a very Nice draw cycle.

Dan

LKNCHOPPERS 02-21-2010 07:28 AM

Hmm this bow has me interested in getting a new bow. I currently have a Black Ice set @ 68lbs and I have a 30" draw. The Black Ice currently shoots a 410 grain (ACC 360) arrow 275 fps. That may put me up around 300 fps with a Destroyer 340. I really like the smooth draw cycle on the BI, is the Destroyer really the same as far as draw cycle goes at the same weight? I have not tried a Destroyer yet but I don't want to have to drop poundage just to be comfortable with a new bow. Keep those Destroyer reviews coming.

MeanV2 02-21-2010 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by LKNCHOPPERS (Post 3581027)
Hmm this bow has me interested in getting a new bow. I currently have a Black Ice set @ 68lbs and I have a 30" draw. The Black Ice currently shoots a 410 grain (ACC 360) arrow 275 fps. That may put me up around 300 fps with a Destroyer 340. I really like the smooth draw cycle on the BI, is the Destroyer really the same as far as draw cycle goes at the same weight? I have not tried a Destroyer yet but I don't want to have to drop poundage just to be comfortable with a new bow. Keep those Destroyer reviews coming.

LKN, The 1st Destroyer I shot was a 350 (have not shot a 340) and it was 70#. After shooting it for 15 minutes or so I couldn't believe it was actually pulling 70# (I normally shoot 60#) even though the limbs appreared to be bottomed out.

I had to put it on the scale just to check and I was surprised when it scaled 70# on the button. I later shot a 60# Destroyer 350 for the biggest part of an entire day, and then decided to change my order from a 340 to a 350. Therefore I am still waiting.

I talked to a friend Friday that had shot the 340 and the 350 quite a bit and he decided to order the 350 as well. He said he felt no difference in the draw of the 2, and saw No diffference in the shootability of the 350 vs the 340 side by side. I might add he is an accomplished shooter, and I do trust his judgement, although feel can vary from archer to archer.

My advice is to shoot them at the poundage and draw length that fits you to get an accurate feel for the bows. Many Bows (the Destroyers included) will feel totally different to You if Not set at Your specs. Just my 2 cents.

Dan