Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

FLX Gaurd

Old 02-19-2010, 05:51 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Bought it brand spanking new.

Going to start over with it and try again. I'm afraid it has something to do with my form/style not working with this bow design as Rob alluded to. Not had trouble getting any of my Bowtechs to tune in the past. I finally buy a more shooter friendly bow instead of a speed bow and I can't shoot the thing. Go figure.

Last edited by mez; 02-19-2010 at 06:05 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:42 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Rob/PA Bowyer
Mez,

It's not isolated to you and your Sentinel. Some had/has issues, some don't and I'm not sure if it's how different we all hold our bows. I have an Admiral that is tuned right down the center but for others, the bows are tuning inside center in the 09 line. My friend and our board member, Jawshooter has an 09 Sentinel which he loves but it tuned inside center and he said to me, "that's where she likes to tune and she shoots incredibly well but it is what it is". Since then, he put a shoot through on it and him and Rick James (Matt) said it shoots better than ever. With that, Rick James bought a 2010 Sentinel with the FLX Guard and won't put a shoot through on it. The FLX Guard is no gimmick, it doe work and serves the purpose shown in the video. Unfortunately, the FLX doesn't fit the 09 riser as the risers were changed in the 2010 models. I read if they don't tune inside, they like a weak spine but I can't say for sure. Again, I read it so ...
Was afraid of that. Any recourse other than buying a new bow? Will they warranty one out?
Old 02-21-2010, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Does the FLX Guard keep the bus cables out of the way of the fletching (odd feather down) during the shot? I noticed on a few bows with cable slides that the cables seem to be a clearance issue not the riser cut out. I put an Eastman Teflon cable slide on my Black Ice and it held it closer to the cable guard rod and gave me a little more clearance and better performance. I was shooting 2" Quick Spins.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by LKNCHOPPERS
Does the FLX Guard keep the bus cables out of the way of the fletching (odd feather down) during the shot? I noticed on a few bows with cable slides that the cables seem to be a clearance issue not the riser cut out. I put an Eastman Teflon cable slide on my Black Ice and it held it closer to the cable guard rod and gave me a little more clearance and better performance. I was shooting 2" Quick Spins.
The FLX guards are factory set to give clearance with Blazers on a 26 series alumuinum shaft. In most instances that is more than enough.

Dan
Old 02-22-2010, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK thanks for the Info
Old 02-23-2010, 06:38 AM
bigcountry

Hey Rob, do you know if bowtech helping people that have a tough time tuning these sentinels? I mean, its a lot to ask folks to spend 109 dollars for a machined piece.

Just seems to me, that the "right" thing for a company to do is to come up with a plan to help those struggling tuning 09 sentinels. I was shocked when i started digging all those having issues. And the fustration.

I can't say I am seeing much of a problem. I am having to push rest a tad close to the riser than I like. But I haven't done any serious BH tuning out to 40 or 50 yards.

Originally Posted by Rob/PA Bowyer
Mez,

It's not isolated to you and your Sentinel. Some had/has issues, some don't and I'm not sure if it's how different we all hold our bows. I have an Admiral that is tuned right down the center but for others, the bows are tuning inside center in the 09 line. My friend and our board member, Jawshooter has an 09 Sentinel which he loves but it tuned inside center and he said to me, "that's where she likes to tune and she shoots incredibly well but it is what it is". Since then, he put a shoot through on it and him and Rick James (Matt) said it shoots better than ever. With that, Rick James bought a 2010 Sentinel with the FLX Guard and won't put a shoot through on it. The FLX Guard is no gimmick, it doe work and serves the purpose shown in the video. Unfortunately, the FLX doesn't fit the 09 riser as the risers were changed in the 2010 models. I read if they don't tune inside, they like a weak spine but I can't say for sure. Again, I read it so ...

Old 02-23-2010, 07:18 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

I sent them an email yesterday morning about my issue. I'll let you know if and how they respond.

As for the machined piece, that will void your warranty if you put it on the bow. You also need a new cam and Bowtech won't sell you a cam unless you damage yours. You would have to swap with someone else wanting to do the same thing. You need either two bottom cams or two top cams to get the cable split correct.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mez
I sent them an email yesterday morning about my issue. I'll let you know if and how they respond.

As for the machined piece, that will void your warranty if you put it on the bow. You also need a new cam and Bowtech won't sell you a cam unless you damage yours. You would have to swap with someone else wanting to do the same thing. You need either two bottom cams or two top cams to get the cable split correct.
Yes, and yes. I've seen a sentinel with a shoot thru and talked to the guy. He said it tuned greAt.

Also, u can find people to trade with fairl easily if u look on AT. Btw, email or pm TAP and he may have one.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:33 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the info. I actually have looked at the thread on AT. I thought it was just me with this Sentinel until I talked to a dealer and he informed me that this was not an isolated incident with the bow. This is the only archery web site I visit but started doing a little digging and it was quite eye opening when I ventured over to AT the past few days.

It seems that this shoot through system really helps and is a good idea. I won't be getting one however. I really shouldn't have to spend $110 on an aftermarket part designed by a guy on an archery forum to fix an $850 bow. That premise really bothers me. If Bowtech won't address the issue I'll sell the bow and get a different brand. As a 10 year customer that loved the bows and technology I expected more from them.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mez
Thanks for the info. I actually have looked at the thread on AT. I thought it was just me with this Sentinel until I talked to a dealer and he informed me that this was not an isolated incident with the bow. This is the only archery web site I visit but started doing a little digging and it was quite eye opening when I ventured over to AT the past few days.

It seems that this shoot through system really helps and is a good idea. I won't be getting one however. I really shouldn't have to spend $110 on an aftermarket part designed by a guy on an archery forum to fix an $850 bow. That premise really bothers me. If Bowtech won't address the issue I'll sell the bow and get a different brand. As a 10 year customer that loved the bows and technology I expected more from them.
I can blame you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.