Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Another ? on my AM 32 >

Another ? on my AM 32

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Another ? on my AM 32

Old 02-17-2010, 10:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default Another ? on my AM 32

Well i recently tightened everything down then i upped the poundage myself from about 66 to 68 and again ended up with the string supressor "twang" noise after firing my bow and its much louder then the other AM 32 ive heard i then brought it in and had it worked on and sounds silent now but was told it could be the extra wait from the kisser button and peep sight and stuff? any1 ever heard of this. makes sense but have never had this problem with my previous hoyt bow do they make smaller light kisser buttons to solve this problem?
Old 02-18-2010, 01:31 AM
Fork Horn

Anytime you add things to your string, or speed up your bow string (by increasing poundage) you will end up with more vibration. Speed = bow oscillations = more noise. I am a firm believer that you cannot have enough silencing equipment on your bow. Every little piece of fancy rubber stuff attached to your bow will help absorb those nasty oscillations. You could also increase your arrow weight. This decreases your speed and makes less noise, meanwhile it basically increases your efficiency of your bow and produces more kinetic energy at the same time.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

IMHO OEM string suppressors are generally too stiff. I have made many MeanV replacements for the Hoyts and the feedback has been very, very positive. My rubber stopper is soft, yet durable. It also has rings on the end to aid in alignment, and at the same time eliminate much of the slap caused by hitting a flat surface.

Another plus is even though the stoppers are durable, they are easily replaced when the time comes.

Dan
Old 02-18-2010, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

What does one of those run for a hoyt? And what do they have as far as string wear goes?

Ryan.