Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
What to do about stinky feet >

What to do about stinky feet

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What to do about stinky feet

Old 02-16-2010, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What to do about stinky feet

I don't really know if this is the proper place to ask this question or not but since it affects bowhunters more than anyone, I thought I'd ask here. What do you guys do about the scent left where you walk. It seems I have tried everything and no matter what I do I still see deer sniffing where I have walked in. Sometimes they leave, sometimes they change the direction they were traveling, and sometimes they just continue what they were doing. In any event, it's not a positive thing. I never wear my boots anywhere but hunting. I never put them on until I get to my spot. I scrub them down before the season with nonscent soap but I still can't seem to "dissapear" when it comes to my boots. I tried the Dream Season boots and they were very comfortable but were no longer water-proof after the first year. I used a product called Deardander this past season with mixed results. I just don't know what to do about this problem anymore. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 02-16-2010, 03:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hold your Nose Jim!!

Sorry about that I couldn't help it

Robinson Labs has insoles that will help with scent, They also have available silver thread socks to use for an under sock.

You can use a gel deoderant/anti perspirant, Atsko makes a powdered product called N-O Odor. I find it works very well at absorbing odor and moisture.

If you want to control ground scent to the Max check out Elimitrax.

Good Luck stinky feet!

Dan
Old 02-16-2010, 03:46 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by MeanV2
Hold your Nose Jim!!

Sorry about that I couldn't help it

Robinson Labs has insoles that will help with scent, They also have available silver thread socks to use for an under sock.

You can use a gel deoderant/anti perspirant, Atsko makes a powdered product called N-O Odor. I find it works very well at absorbing odor and moisture.

If you want to control ground scent to the Max check out Elimitrax.

Good Luck stinky feet!

Dan
I used to use a non-scented spray anti perspirant/deoderant,but I used it mainly to keep my feet from sweating so much on the long walk in to my hunting area which helped keep my feet warmer when I did sit for long periods of time after a long hike in due to the fact that my feet and inside of my boots wern't soaked with sweat. I would also pack in extra soaks to change into,sure made a difference on a long cold sit,just be sure to put the sweaty stinky soaks in a ziplock bag and stash them in your back after you change.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:55 PM
Fork Horn

I've always wore rubber boats without a problem. Seems you dont have the scent issues you would have with leather boots. I like the lacrose alpha-burlys.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:32 PM
Fork Horn

ya i always used rubber boots 2
Old 02-16-2010, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

well...ya need to imagine you are a fishing net full of non-cooked rice...eeverytime you move rice is fallin out everywhere, heck even if ya aint movin its fallin out lol...so even though you only hunt in them, when you pick them up, rice (scent, skin particles) is fallin all over them. so make sure to put gloves on, make sure your hood is tucked into your jacket, your jacket in your pants and ur pants in your boots.. spray head to toe including the bottom of your boots and just sit on the ground and let it dry.(hopefully every part of you flesh is covered and contained inside of your clothes.) dont even be downwind of a buddy, keep his stinking polluting butt downwind. this should secure all the loose particles to you so they wont fall off. dont look down when your walkin out...particles from your face , which the eye area should only be exposed, fall on the ground and lay all on your chest..makin it like a painted path (if you will) of scent.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:37 AM
Site Buck Guru

If your boots are old and leak..... replace them. Scent will leak out where the leaks are. Also, I don't wear rubber boots much because they tend to make my feet hot and that causes oder. My two main pair of boots are the Wolverines (pictured on the home page of HNI) and Rocky Blizzard Stalkers.

I have found that if I walk around in my buddy's dairy barn while wearing these boots, the deer pay no attention to my entry trail. Best cover scent around..... and free!

Once the boots start leaking, the deer notice even with the cover scent.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:14 AM
Spike

If you have really stinky feet, you might try anti fungal cream on your feet and in between your toes daily after a shower for 2 weeks. It will clear up any fungus and eliminate foot odor.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:15 AM
Typical Buck

how and where do you store your boots when you're not using them?
Old 02-17-2010, 07:21 AM
Spike

I also always were rubber boots but I could see them making the foot sweat more. I never try it but some people swear by fox urine on the bottom of the boots. I wonder if putting alittle baking soda in the bottom of the boot would also help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.