Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Has anyone used a Lone Wolf climber? >

Has anyone used a Lone Wolf climber?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Has anyone used a Lone Wolf climber?

Old 02-15-2010, 04:54 AM
Spike

Default Has anyone used a Lone Wolf climber?

I am looking at a used Lone Wolf climber. does anyone here use one? What are your opinions on comfort, noise, ease of use, etc?
Old 02-15-2010, 05:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't used one myself, but I believe that you're going to get quite a bit of positive feedback on Lone Wolf climbers. (You'll also get a couple of folks who'll complain that they're too high priced, which has nothing to do with your question, so just ignore those inputs.) Lone Wolf stands are supposed to be tops in silence and ease of use, but not in comfort. Personally, I use Summit climbers, but I would switch to Lone Wolf in a heartbeat if they would make a seat that is as comfortable as my Summits are. Who knows? Maybe they have by now.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:13 AM
Typical Buck

they are WAY overpriced!!!!! Try ol man or summit.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lone wolf treestands are great for people who like to carry in carry out or jump trees. I own three of there hang ons with a set of sticks for each. Many of my friends have the climbers and have never herd a bad thing about them.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:50 AM
Fork Horn

Have two friends that have the small climbers, I must admit for someone who likes to carry in and out everytime, they are nice. Lite and pack down fairly easy. Just too much money for me, I hunt from ground blinds, stalk and have several lock ons. And when I do use a climber, the API bowhunter I've had for about 5 years now has done just fine! Have no reason to change. But again, not saying anything bad about the LW climbers besides the price. Just my two cents
Old 02-15-2010, 10:28 AM
Dominant Buck

Been up/down over 200X in the last 2yrs in my LW. Average out the extra $100 I spent for it....over the times I'll use it......and tell me if you think it's worth it, or not.

To me, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. I'm the only one writing checks.

If you don't climb much....there are more comfortable options. But, they come at their own costs (weight; ease of packing; noise; etc...).

If I only walked a couple hundred yards and only climbed 10-20X season (or less)....I probably would've stuck with my old climber.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:01 AM
Spike

I have a lone wolf climber. I love it as far as climbers go. I think the money I paid is worth it but I know there are climbers just as nice out there today for cheaper if you look around. The only problem I have with mine is when it gets cold out the clamps are hard to release on mine. I know several guys with newer ones then mine with a different color cable that dont have the problem. My cable is the clear one. I know they have made the seats even more comfortable in the years after mine. I do think mine is pretty comfortable though. Either way high price or not the money is well spent.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the sit and climb, and like it a lot. It grips the tree well, is very stable, packs better than any other stand I have tried, is lightweight, very quiet, easy to set up, and once I put a little seat cushion on it very comfortable.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Best of the best...In climbers it's all I exclusively use.I have the sit n climb and the hand climber. If I had to choose only 1 it would be the hand climber.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:41 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

I have the sit and climb. It is a great stand, they lock onto the tree and are solid. It is very light, and very easy to use. It is not the most comfortable stand out there. If comfort is the most important go with another brand. Not made for sitting all day, that said, I have not tried the newer seat so that may be an improvment. The only complaint I have with the stand is how narrow the seat is. If you are a bigger guy the seat is going to be too small. When it gets cold and I have insulated pants on I barely fit between the seat rails and I'm not that big, 6' 0" and 210. I think the newer stands have a wider seat as well.

If you want a stand that is light, easy to pack and use, dead quiet, and rock solid on the tree there isn't a better climber made IMO. If comfort is the most important feature go with a Summit. I really like mine. A cheaper model cost me a nice deer with an ill timed creak when drawing my bow. That won't happen with a LW.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.