Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Has anyone used a Lone Wolf climber? >

Has anyone used a Lone Wolf climber?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Has anyone used a Lone Wolf climber?

Old 02-16-2010, 10:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the hand climber. Lightweight, comfortable, and so easy to setup I could do it blind folded. I bought mine used to ease the price. Definitely recommend it.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:16 AM
Fork Horn

I've used mine for years. Love it. Climb approx. 75x per year and no complaints. Are they the most comfortable for all day sits compared to some others? No! But for 3-4 hour sits. I have a loggy and a summit viper but the LW is the one that gets used.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:31 AM
Spike

my 2 cents is that if you have all straight trees a climber is what u need. I have the hand climber and it is great for straight trees! very light easy to climb and comfortable enough if you arent a big guy! I use the hang on w/ climbing sticks attatched to the stand and can negotiate any tree in the woods! I also never leave it up. carry it in and out each time use head lamp to find the treee in the moring and get everything organized and set up! if the tree is already cleaned out and i have sat there before i can be in any tree and hunting in less than 15 min.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I really like my Lone Wolf Sit and Climb. I bought the Wide model and scrapped the original seat. I tried a Summit seat too but I didn't like the bulk. I replaced it with an Ol Man Mesh seat. It is more comfortable, and easier to climb with the mesh seat. The mesh seat pushes out of the way for standing shots and is much lighter. I am a LW dealer so I got it at a discount (not much as I do not buy large quantities) but I would pay full price if I had to. It is quiet to setup and easy to pack in and out. Below are a couple of pictures of the Ol Man mesh seat I installed.

I use all types of stands from ladder stands, hang ons and the climber. It depends on the location. I use the LWWSCC about 50% of the time. It's nice because once you get used to it it's always the same layout once you are up there and you don't have to be limited on the amount of sticks or steps you have to install to make your setup right. Going higher lets you get away with a lot more movement as well.
Attached Thumbnails Has anyone used a Lone Wolf climber?-lwwidesccmesh1.jpg   Has anyone used a Lone Wolf climber?-lwwidesccmesh2.jpg  

Last edited by LKNCHOPPERS; 02-17-2010 at 08:43 AM.