Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
My 2010 Bowtech Sentinel in Optifade Forest >

My 2010 Bowtech Sentinel in Optifade Forest

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My 2010 Bowtech Sentinel in Optifade Forest

Old 02-13-2010, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default My 2010 Bowtech Sentinel in Optifade Forest

When I saw my shop's number in on my cell phone screen, I thought I would be picking up my Destroyer 340 last night. This was not the case and it actually works out better this way. 3D starts March 1st and I need this bow before the Destroyer anyhow. I ordered the Destroyer back in November when news of them broke and had ordered this bow January 12th. With my Air Raid spoken for, I was technically without a bow of my own and I had hoped that one of mine would come in so that I wouldn't have to borrow the bow that I just sold (haven't delivered yet) from my friend Tim.

Here's my 3D/hunting backup for the coming season. I never usually order standard camo and this one is no exception. Gore Optifade Forest. I took a ton of pics both outside and inside so you can see just what you are getting with this camo.

She's fitted with the following:
Viper Predator MT with .010 pins
11.5 Octane Stabilizer (I wrapped the inner tube with vinyl and added the pin strips)
Limb Driver with Silver cord to match the D loop
I added a insulating strip from Sims to the Flex Guard. (I didn't shoot it prior to installation to know if there was any affect from the FG, but there sure ain't now.)
I also have a Sling Braid coming for it to accent the camo as well.

I also opted to tie in my LD cord using Vapor Trail's new method instead of the split limb attachment. It's what I will have to do in the Destroyer, so I figured I would do it on the Sentinel as well. (Plus, I didn't have the split limb attach.)

Thanks for looking. After I get a peep installed up at Rob's, I will chono her up and post some specs. I'll be shooting 331 grain UL Pro 22's at 30.5 draw pulling 62ish pounds
Old 02-13-2010, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks great Bro-I like that new Optifade with the green/grey. Glad to see them putting a decal on the limbs too. Looks spiffy

On a side note- Might wanna check your specs- looks like the supressor is putting too much pressure on the string-should be barely touching or just a hair off the string.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by JeffB
Looks great Bro-I like that new Optifade with the green/grey. Glad to see them putting a decal on the limbs too. Looks spiffy

On a side note- Might wanna check your specs- looks like the supressor is putting too much pressure on the string-should be barely touching or just a hair off the string.
Thanks bud. I will check that. Haven't really shot her yet, just dressed her, tied the nock sets, leveled the rest, and put a loop on. Need to get to Rob's to press and peep. I will adjust that then.

I was pleasantly surprised when the shop called saying it was there. I hope to enjoy my "Commander with speed."

What you slinging these days...elite, hoyt, I can't keep up.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:42 PM
Spike

WOW!!!That is one sick looking bow! My friend has a 340 coming in with the same finish, judging from your pics he's going to freak out when he sees how awesome it looks.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:21 PM
bigcountry

Looks good, real good. Just got a 09 sentinel myself for 450NIB.

Old 02-13-2010, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looking good my freind!
Old 02-13-2010, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

looks real good man!!! wonder how it will blend.

Ryan.
Old 02-14-2010, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very cool looking!
Old 02-14-2010, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ben / PA

I was pleasantly surprised when the shop called saying it was there. I hope to enjoy my "Commander with speed."
Considering the specs I did not think my commander was all that slow- I was getting right under 300 FPS at 28.5" draw- for a 8" brace thats pretty darn tootin good! But yeah the Sentinel is def the quicker bow.

What you slinging these days...elite, hoyt, I can't keep up.
Nope- no more Elites for me- I *almost* bought a Judge- been through a couple BowTechs & back to Hoyt-Nothing wrong with BTs or Elites, just more accurate and consistent day to day with the C.5 bows than the binaries/slaved duals
Old 02-14-2010, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice looking Bow!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.