Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Are you an archer or a bowhunter? >

Are you an archer or a bowhunter?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Are you an archer or a bowhunter?

Old 02-11-2010, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kwilson16
x2
Well Said!

I see many bows in the 'bowhunting' class at 3D shoots that have never seen a tree stand, a broadhead or a gut pile. There should be a 'practical bowhunting' subclass: bows would be required to sport at least three scratches, one blood stain and stabs shorter than your manhood.
Ha! But then you've got a guy like myself, who could still shoot in the hunter class with an open class stab if that's the rule...
Old 02-11-2010, 05:58 AM
Fork Horn

Consider myself a Bowhunter! Though I love to shoot 3d and other types of targets, thats for fun and to sharpen my skills. The ultimate goal is put myself in a lucky spot and have to confidence to make any and every shot count!!
Old 02-11-2010, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have no interest in target archery, yet I understand practice makes perfect. I want to get as close as I can to my prey and kill it.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well the way i see it is that a bowhunter needs to be and archer but an archer dosent need to be a bowhunter. So if you bowhunt your kinda both right?
Old 02-11-2010, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm guessing now a Bowhunter as i've taken 38 Biggame animals with a recurve & mostly wood arrows & most of them from the ground & a natural blind & since compounds & going to trees a ton more consisting of Black Bears, Elk, Caribou, Buffalo, Whitetail, Mule deer, Hogs, Sheep & more. Archer in the past as I "personally" considered it the target part of the sport & having won a few State Bowhunting Championships & a Great Lakes Sectional in my division in my tourny days.
I have & am blessed with 2010 starting my 54th year in the great sport of Archery & Bowhunting......
Old 02-11-2010, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Funny thing is I consider my self a bowhunter but spend far more time "shooting"
Old 02-11-2010, 03:19 PM
Typical Buck

I'm a bowhunter,would not even own a bow if it weren't for the hunting part of it.I shoot at targets to make me a better BOWHUNTER!
Old 02-11-2010, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Not all archers are bowhunters

Or need to be.

A bowhunter should be an adequate archer. Or else they're wasting a lot of time as as a bowhunter.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:53 PM
Fork Horn

Bowhunter...,I'm into the challenge I gave up rifle hunting because I no longer found it a challenge anymore and gave up using treestands to hunt from the ground to increase the challenge of getting close enough for that perfect shot.
Next challenge is to go Traditional.

Last edited by wvnimrod; 02-11-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MeanV2
I am a Bowhunter that Loves to shoot and experiment with all sorts of equipment.
Well said, MeanV !!!

Hmmmmm, I wonder where in the world the OP seen that sig ???

For me... although I do pride myself on my constant pursuit of improving my game, it's ALL about gettin' close when it comes to bowhunting! It's all about trick'n 'em for me and getting the critter within' spittin' distance. I want 'em close enough to hear my heart thumping!

Last edited by IL-Cornfed ; 02-11-2010 at 04:14 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.