Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Anyone ever hear of an Xforces string FALLING OFF!!!!! >

Anyone ever hear of an Xforces string FALLING OFF!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone ever hear of an Xforces string FALLING OFF!!!!!

Old 02-10-2010, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Angry Anyone ever hear of an Xforces string FALLING OFF!!!!!

SOOOO I went to shoot the bow I planned to buy through the carno and put money on it and I asked the guy to see what the Draw weight was set at, he hooked it to this little thing where you draw it back and see what the poundage was, He drew it let it up drew it and when he got to the peak of the draw.... The string came off.... It didnt dry fire I dont think but the string was off the bow... Is the bow OK should I still buy it What the heck happened? anyone ever hear of this happening its an X force 7 GX 50-60 pound. ANY ANY ANY input would be great.

Ryan.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would not buy that particular bow. If the pro shop tried to convince you to buy it, then I would find another pro shop that carries PSE and make your purchase there.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:49 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by my7pointmonster
SOOOO I went to shoot the bow I planned to buy through the carno and put money on it and I asked the guy to see what the Draw weight was set at, he hooked it to this little thing where you draw it back and see what the poundage was, He drew it let it up drew it and when he got to the peak of the draw.... The string came off.... It didnt dry fire I dont think but the string was off the bow... Is the bow OK should I still buy it What the heck happened? anyone ever hear of this happening its an X force 7 GX 50-60 pound. ANY ANY ANY input would be great.

Ryan.
ya i would have to say dont buy that bow too. It could just be that the cams are way the heck outa square but there has to be a reason for that too. Ya know what i mean. You can find that bow elswhere.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:57 PM
Spike

i was told the that with single cam pse that you must use a release and that never pull it back less than perfectly straight or this will happen, ive gone to 3 different shops all good places and they all said the same thing.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default ?

Originally Posted by Misouthernguy
never pull it back less than perfectly straight or this will happen
This is not a design characteristic that would be well-suited for shooting from the cramped confines of a ground blind or from an unusual posture in a tree stand.

I would recommend that you call PSE to discuss - unless someone on the board here can independently confirm the info.

In any case, I still would not buy that bow.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ive heard of some string derails on x forces but most of them were from drawing the bow with your fingers and that can happen to any bow with any cam. You said he hooked it to a little thing that drawed the bow? Was it a draw board? Maybe the string was being pulled and an angle and the string derailed. Anyhow like kwilson said dont buy that bow. A derail is not as bad as a dryfire, but its still not good.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

It was an electronic thing that looked like one of those target style releases that had a gague in it to tell you the exact peak weight.

Ryan.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:12 AM
Spike

Just save yourself the headache and buy a Hoyt.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:41 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

The guy must have accidentally pulled it to the side when checking. I would think you could pull the string off of any bow if you weren't careful using a weight scale like that.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mez
The guy must have accidentally pulled it to the side when checking. I would think you could pull the string off of any bow if you weren't careful using a weight scale like that.
By the sounds of things I'm not getting it anymore, its apparently screwed now so, I guess thats what happens when you try to buy something to save yourself some money. Last years model, all black 675.... not real happy about it now.

Ryan.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.