Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
I'd HATE to be a deer now!!!! >

I'd HATE to be a deer now!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I'd HATE to be a deer now!!!!

Old 02-10-2010, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I'd HATE to be a deer now!!!!

Thursday and Friday we got 25" of snow and now on top of that we just got pounded with about 20" more! What do the deer do in this kind of snow. Man it must suck for sure! I would like to get some food out for them but damn there is no way I can carry it through the snow!
Old 02-10-2010, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I feel for you, that's a lot of snow. We just got 5in and that is a pain in the but, cant even imagine what you guys are dealing with.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where I'm from in PA we got 36" then today/last night we got around 11 more inches. it ain't good. I don't know what the few deer that were still alive are doing!! It was bad before, I wonder what the winter kill will be like this year.

Ryan.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I believe alot of turkeys will not make it thru this.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:52 PM
Fork Horn

You will lose some for sure but they are hardy animals with a will to live and they will adapt to the conditions.. You guys should try living where 36" of snow sucks but isn't out of the norm.. Last year I believe we had almost 2 1/2 months of more then 4 foot of snow on the ground and our winter lasted 3-4 months.. We lost some deer and this years crop wasn't the greatest but they pounce back in a hurry.. If it is possible to get some feed to your herd I would highly recommend it.. Just don't stop until you know they can veg for theirselves because they will be stuck without anything to eat... Most of our deer herd up and move to their normal winter grounds where they have plenty to eat and can survive.. So far this year we have had a weak winter so the deer are doing great and haven't had to leave the property (I'm sure an 80 acre standing cornfield isn't hurting things), we propared ourselves this year and left that field standing for the deer!!
Old 02-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Fork Horn

Northern VA at Christmas had 24", last week-end we got another 28" and last night we got another 6".
We're SICK TO DEATH of snow.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:45 PM
Typical Buck

hey guys send down here to LOUISIANA WE'LL TAKE CARE OF YOUR DEEER!LOL
Old 02-11-2010, 03:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

That kind of Snowfall definitely has to be Hard on Wildlife!

Dan
Old 02-11-2010, 04:43 AM
bigcountry

I would say the bambi population is going to be hit hard this year. And its going to reflect that for the big boys in years to come.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:28 AM
Fork Horn

yeah how bout that global warming? lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.