Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
I'd HATE to be a deer now!!!! >

I'd HATE to be a deer now!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I'd HATE to be a deer now!!!!

Old 02-11-2010, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I live in an area that has its share of deep snow also. It started early & got deep quick. Deer ARE suffering for sure. I live in a place where I see Deer Daily & they come into our bird feeders & eat whatever the Birds & Squirrells haven't gotten.
I had a nice 8 pointer come in 2 days ago that I saw in Nov. & was well over 200#s I'm guessing he is about 125#s now & doubt he will make the winter. I doubt anyone putting out food now would help as deer need to adapt to various foods due to their digestive system
Attached Thumbnails I'd HATE to be a deer now!!!!-dscn1331-2-.jpg   I'd HATE to be a deer now!!!!-dscn1333-2-.jpg  
Old 02-11-2010, 08:54 PM
Spike

Got Snow...
Attached Thumbnails I'd HATE to be a deer now!!!!-19266_1218085815445_1327867835_30556235_2212688_n.jpg  
Old 02-11-2010, 10:49 PM
Typical Buck

We are having one of the thoughest winters for decades as well and in my hunter courses we get tought to feed different types of animals in a way that they can survive naturally. Feeding them is one way but making sure they find enough feeding sources is another.
We have fields of corn and clovers we keep during the winter and the farmers here help to keep borders uncut on the fields as well.
These guys can charge a hunter for damages done by deer and wild boar but they all so help you out as a hunter, making sure these animals make it through the winter.
I think it's great the way a hunter is educated how to manage wildlife over here, it's a lot of stuff to learn but it makes you a respected "armed" person in the woods....
Everything we do to help the animals we hunt is part of what we do as a outdoorsman.....

Frank
Belgium
Old 02-12-2010, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Agree-hunters of today are more educated on what is & is not good for the wildlife they hunt. Unfortunatly, the people that are against hunting "usually" know less.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

We got hammered here in SE Pa I believe around 4 ft. or so between the 2 storms, and supposedly we are supposed to get another 6-8 inches Mon.-Tues. as well. I was saying the same thing about the effects on the wildlife, got to be hard on them.

Shane
Old 02-13-2010, 08:39 AM
Fork Horn

Smile

Sorry that you have so much snow, I'm glad that we don't!!