Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Rage has went over the edge!!!! >

Rage has went over the edge!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage has went over the edge!!!!

Old 02-10-2010, 12:53 PM
Dominant Buck

Not Rage, but I'm gonna pay $90 for 3 heads for my CO elk hunt (probably). With what I have in equipment, I'm surely not gonna let something this insignificant (in the overall picture) stop me from using what I think I need to get the job done.

I'll likely be sportin' silver flames on the business end, in Sept.

If I didn't think they were worth it, I'd just refuse to pay it. If someone else chose to......it's no concern of mine.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Never will I pay that much for heads I hope!!!!
Old 02-10-2010, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by GMMAT
Not Rage, but I'm gonna pay $90 for 3 heads for my CO elk hunt (probably). With what I have in equipment, I'm surely not gonna let something this insignificant (in the overall picture) stop me from using what I think I need to get the job done.

If I didn't think they were worth it, I'd just refuse to pay it. If someone else chose to......it's no concern of mine.
Those silver flames are pretty incredible. I haven't used them on an animal, but played with a friend of mine's. They are incredibly sharp, and the machining on them is unmatched IMO. I think you would be well served with them for elk. Their track record is definitely a lethal one!
Old 02-10-2010, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah looked at them at the ATA show, felt bad for the rep because i couldn't help my self when he told me the price. (I Think it started with an F) Anyone know what the "advantages" to this "improvement" would be?
Old 02-10-2010, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey if you've got it that way then by all means put it out there and go for it but as I stated "In My Opinion" I can't see a animal being any more dead with them then my $3.50 a peice Muzzy's.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guarantee that they are flying off the shelf's as we speak, Every ones gotta have them. And your right, it is a shame. But if they can do it and get away with it then what the hell. why not?

Ryan.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:54 PM
Dominant Buck

What kills me about this is.......

How many bowhunters spend $900 or more every year....on something that depreciates 25% as you fling your first arrow....and nearly 50% inside a year?
Old 02-10-2010, 03:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

If they can sell a few for that price, then more power to them. I think I have a pretty good handle on what the market will bear, what will move, and what will not.

Sure they will sell some but I hope they don't stock pile a ton waiting for the Big run because IMHO it won't happen.

Dan
Old 02-10-2010, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by GMMAT

I have silver flames and samurais and, if I had to pick one, I would pick the samurai. Every bit as well made and as sharp but, single bevel/tanto tip which, IMO, is better.

http://www.alaskabowhunting.com/Samu...s-P146C15.aspx
Old 02-10-2010, 04:40 PM
Typical Buck

I still have 2 packs of unopened replacement blades for my muzzy 125's,so I will be using them until I run out of new sharp blades,unless I find them on clearance last the last packs I bought for 8 bucks.when I do finally run out of blades I won't be buying any rages or any other mechanical heads,will most likely be tricks or muzzy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.