Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Arrow rests of the future >

Arrow rests of the future

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Arrow rests of the future

Old 02-09-2010, 09:26 AM
Typical Buck

Default Arrow rests of the future

So after buying two new bows over the last year it seems that trying to find an arrow rest that fits is getting harder
let me explain

i first purchased a diamond marquis very nice bow then looked for a good quality arrow rest i tried about 5 arrow rests but none seem to work very well on the bow having clearance and space problems untill i tried the tripwire (which is made by octane) and the limb driver which worked the best
now i have a mathews monster and again have tried four rests

limbdriver but didnt like it on the bow great rest though and im sure it would have worked well

the tripwire but it didnt fit between the riser and the buss cables

trophy ridge drop slide seems to be a nice rest but doesnt drop enough and has no clearance

and finally the one that works the best and gives plenty of clearance

mathews downforce excellent fit looks great and drops fast with excellent clearance

now is this what is going to happen
that bow manufactures are designing there bows to either only work with there accessories or best with them??? i know its good business to do this but it certainly gives the archer less choice?

anyone else noticed this?

now back to the drop slide by trophy ridge (imho) one of the worst rests i have purchased the rest itself holds the arrow well and is easy to set up (dissapointe it has no micro adjustments for the money)
but when it drops it is still approx half an inch above the shelf (with the arrow in line with the berger button hole) and you have clearance issues with vanes (im useing 2 inch blazers)

so if you drop it to fall below the shelf then you have clearance problems with the shelf there seems to be no answer
if it had about half an inch more of drop it would work very well as it doesnt seem to put to much tension on the cable which i liked just not enough cleanance or drop alot of money for a rest that just doesnt work well
Old 02-09-2010, 09:44 AM
Spike

most bow makers are doing that now, they just consider it good business. for us it means high prices and fewer choices
Old 02-10-2010, 03:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

The VaporTrail Limb Driver did get some upgrades for 2010 and IMO is still the best all around rest out there. I'm not sure what you did Not like about the LD on the Monster? I know I have setup a couple of Monsters with a Limb Driver and thought they looked and worked extremely well. I did use a Max Drive kit which I am using more and more on all bows I personally setup.

Dan
Old 02-10-2010, 06:23 AM
Typical Buck

dan whats the max drive kit tell me more??
Old 02-10-2010, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

The rest doesn't have to drop much for complete clearance. The arrow should arch over the rest as it flexes.