Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Need a new String >

Need a new String

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need a new String

Old 02-09-2010, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Need a new String

I am needing a new string for my Hoyt. I am just wondering if anyone has any suggestions? I have never purchased a string before so I am having a hard time picking a company lol

Thanks!!
Old 02-09-2010, 06:36 AM
Fork Horn

I replaced the Fuse string that came on my Vectrix with a Winners Choice. I like it just fine but I think there maybe better companies out there. I didn't really do a whole lot of looking when I replaced it, just took it to my local guy and asked him to put the best one on the market on. Wasn't cheap either, I think it was $90 after he put it on.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

wow thats a bit pricey. I know there is a shop here that makes them, but I am very picky when it comes to my bow. I think he only charges 15 bucks but I would rather spend a little more and get a string from a reputable company
Old 02-09-2010, 07:11 AM
Fork Horn

yeah the string itself was like $75 or $80 and he charged a few extra for labor, I wanna say around $90 is what he charged me all together... it was over a year ago so I maybe off a dollar or two. Like I said you may want to check around before you jump into buying one, the WC string is good, but I have nothing to compare it to besides the Fuse string that was on there(which didn't last a year and half) the quailty seems to be better with the WC string, but thats not to say its the best out there.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

My fuse string aint bad, its been on there since I bought it in '08, and I have taken very good care of it. I could get another year out of it, but its just so stretched out I would like a new one.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:39 AM
Fork Horn

My fuse string couldn't hold up to the slap against the string stopper, I even had serving put on at the point of impact and after awhile I could still see more and more strands breaking so I went ahead and replaced it before something bad happened.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can google 'bucknasty bow strings' to get a hold of Giblet who makes wonderful custom strings at reasonable prices:

http://www.odproshops.com/bucknasty.htm

IMO, Vapor Trail is the best value manufactured string. MeanV will be on here in a few minutes to tell you about his pricing specials:

http://www.meanvarchery.com/index.html
Old 02-09-2010, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

String and Bus Cables are expensive. I paid $88 from Bowtech just for the String and Bus Cable without installation. There is a good shop about 45 mins away that charged $70 installed, I guess I should have went there.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:14 AM
Fork Horn

I almost went with a Vaportrail string, but did not know much about them at the time I needed to replace the original fuse string. Extreme Bow strings also caught my eye but again Winners Choice was the only company I had heard of before and knew people that had used them with no negative feed back.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

You have to give Vapor Trail a shot. Amazing quality and customer service, not to mention their amazing prices.

http://www.vaportrailarchery.com/

Or pm MeanV for more specifics.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.