Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Need a new String >

Need a new String

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need a new String

Old 02-09-2010, 10:28 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

On the Winners Choice strings. It has all I have used for the last several years but I am not happy with the string I got from them last year. I have liked them because of the durability of the serving. Put one on my Sentinal last August and within a month the serving at the nock point was showing a lot of wear. I'm also getting a lot of fraying of the string and the serving is separating where it rolls off the top cam, and where it hits the string stop.

Not happy with this string and don't know if I got a bad one or if the quality of the WC strings is declining. For the price not worth it this time around. Going to replace this one with a Vapor Trail.

Would be interested to know if anyone else has had issues with the newer WC strings.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Winners Choice Strings are THE best strings I've EVER used! No stretch, no creep, no serving seperation... absolute top shelf and backed by a 1 year warranty.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the help everyone. I will check out the Vapor trail strings as well as the others just to check prices. Anybody ever tried those Zebra strings or whatever? I havent heard much about them good or bad
Old 02-09-2010, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

just look for a string thats prestretched 8125 or 452x and you'll be fine. I did offer to make you a set, if you dont want to pay that much.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

i've used winner's choice and zebra bowstrings and they both work really well. you won't be dissapointed with either one
Old 02-10-2010, 03:12 AM
Bartender

Jenna iv'e used winners choice for my hoyt and no issues to report.
They sure do seem to last a long time that is for sure.

T
Old 02-10-2010, 03:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks Guys! I did answer all Pm's this morning. I have used and sold several custom strings included but Not limited to VaporTrail, Winners Choice, & BuckNasty.

I don't have anything bad to say about any of them but IMHO there is No doubt in my mind that Vapor Trail are the best I've had experience with.

I am usually always running some kind of a special and right now we have a special including Halo serving. If you have Not already, feel free to PM me for any details.

Dan
Old 02-11-2010, 03:24 PM
Spike

Default Wicked1Strings is the One !!

I have two sets of Wicked1Strings on my bows and I am Loving them !!! Check em out and Let Joe know That Ryan R. From North Dakota Sent ya !!!
Old 02-13-2010, 04:27 AM
Fork Horn

You owe it to yourself to check out Bucknasty. I ordered one and took it to my pro shop. The guy was skeptical since he'd never heard of it before, but when he looked up the specs, he said he couldn't believe the quality of the string for the price. In fact, he said "If I were going to make a string, this would be exactly what I'd make." He also said they were without a doubt better than Vapor Trail. Had mine on for a year now and it shows no signs of wear whatsoever. I've heard mixed review of Zebra, a lot of people think they're crap.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Brian K
You owe it to yourself to check out Bucknasty. I ordered one and took it to my pro shop. The guy was skeptical since he'd never heard of it before, but when he looked up the specs, he said he couldn't believe the quality of the string for the price. In fact, he said "If I were going to make a string, this would be exactly what I'd make." He also said they were without a doubt better than Vapor Trail. Had mine on for a year now and it shows no signs of wear whatsoever. I've heard mixed review of Zebra, a lot of people think they're crap.
Vapor Trails are as Good or better than any string on the market including Winners Choice, and BuckNasty.

Their Customer Service is the best I've dealt with and that was the deciding factor for me. I won't handle a product very long if I can Not depend on delivery and/or customer service.

Dan