Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hoyt Maxxis31

Old 02-09-2010, 06:02 AM
Fork Horn

Default Hoyt Maxxis31

Anyone have any feed back on this Bow?? I was thinking about upgrading from my Vectrix. Not that there is anything wrong with it, I love my vectrix, but a really good friend of mine has been bugging me to seel it to him cause he's CHEAP lol and if he gave me what I want for it I could upgrade for just a couple hundred dollars vrs several hundred dollars. I have heard very little talk about the Maxxis. I know the Alphamax has been a big hit over the last year, just wondering what the Maxxis has to offer. I know they went to a roller cable guard but thats about it. Anyone shot this Bow yet?? Opinions?
Old 02-09-2010, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot a 50-60# and liked it just its out of my price range so I didn't take much time in really looking it over and feeling it up. I'm gonna say what most everyones gonna say and shoot it yourself and form your own opinion.

Ryan.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:27 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by my7pointmonster
I shot a 50-60# and liked it just its out of my price range so I didn't take much time in really looking it over and feeling it up. I'm gonna say what most everyones gonna say and shoot it yourself and form your own opinion.

Ryan.
They are pricey for sure. I called the closest dealer and they had one with price tag of $879 !!! Ouch... and I do want to get out and shoot one myself for sure but they are an hour and half away and I haven't had time to get up there. Just thought I would get a few opinions from some of those that may have had the chance to shoot or have already bought one.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's a great bow! Hoyt really hit a homerun with the Maxxis. It's slim and sleeker then ever, features an incredibly comfortable grip and an excellent balance. One of the best in the hand feels of ANY bow out there. Also, Hoyt is well known for their exceptional fit and finish and their new Maxxis rases the bar, even for them. Shoot one and see for yourself.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have shot the Maxxis and it is a nice Bow, but IMHO the AlphaMax is just as good and for less money. Shooting the latest does Not always mean shooting the greatest.

Either one is a Super Bow, and if you want a Hoyt then you will be very Happy. Of all the bows I shot this year the Hoyts were definitely in the top 2.

Dan
Old 02-10-2010, 03:15 PM
Spike

I picked up my new Maxis 2 weeks ago. I shot it and loved it. I'm replacing my Allegiance. This Bow is Smooth, Quiet, deadly accurate and vibration free, I've probably shot 500 arrows so far, I'm completly impressed.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BvrHunter
They are pricey for sure. I called the closest dealer and they had one with price tag of $879 !!! Ouch... and I do want to get out and shoot one myself for sure but they are an hour and half away and I haven't had time to get up there. Just thought I would get a few opinions from some of those that may have had the chance to shoot or have already bought one.

Yeah I hear you buddy, its hard to buy a new bow now a days, you gotta take out a freakin loan I swear!!! WELL!! I'm addicted so theres nothing I can do, I gotta have it.

Ryan.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Does Anyone own a Maxxis 31?

Ryan.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:25 AM
Spike

last year i owned the am 32 and liked it alot. this year i shot the maxxis 35 and really love it. to me the main difference between the two is a deeper valley and harder back wall with the maxxis. my am 32 with a 28" draw had the #3 cam, i was stuck in the middle between the #2 & #3 cam with my draw length. the #3 cam was smoother out of the two for the alpha max. now i am shooting the #2 cam which is faster and i feel it is smoother than the #3 cam. the grip didn't change between the two. the limbs went to arc technology which go beyond parallel to take even more vibration out the shot and boost arrow speed a little. just by looking at these two bows there isn't much difference but if you were to shoot these two you would tell the difference.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by my7pointmonster
Does Anyone own a Maxxis 31?

Ryan.
A freind of mine just bought one a couple of weeks ago.

Dan