HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Rest\sight opinions (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/316408-rest-sight-opinions.html)

Elton Savell 02-01-2010 05:23 PM

Rest\sight opinions

Opinions wanted on what is a good, dependable hunting rest and sights. Not necessarily looking for the highest priced, just good trouble free hunting equipment.

Thanks

niehenke 02-01-2010 06:16 PM

Depends on what you are shooting. If it is a speed bow, then your options are limited IMO. I have a limbdriver and love it, but I am not sure that it is for everyone. Not a big fan of the QAD, whisker, and a few others. Try a few and keep your receipt.

niehenke 02-01-2010 06:17 PM

Sorry, forgot the site. 5500 HHA is awesome. I am partial to a single pin with slide.

kwilson16 02-02-2010 05:06 AM

I have been shooting the QAD HD for a year and I love it. For me, it is superior to Limbdriver, WB and Trophy Taker. All of which I have tried.

The Trophy Taker would be my second choice. I did not like vulnerability of extended and exposed actuating string on the Limbdriver. It is visible in the sight window and the limb attaching method is inferior (IMO). A lot of guys love the Limbdriver so consider their opinions too.

kickin_buck 02-02-2010 06:04 AM

I find the QAD hard to beat for a simple trouble free hunting rest.

MeanV2 02-02-2010 09:15 AM

I sell, install, and tune most every rest on the Market. IMHO the Limb Driver is hands down the best drop away rest on the market.

Full containment, my choice would be the Octane Hostage Pro.

As far as sights go I like the one pin rear sliders and you can do No better than HHA.

If you prefer a multi pin sight then take a look at Viper and Spot Hogg.:happy0001:

Dan

MeanV2 02-02-2010 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by kwilson16 (Post 3568129)
I did not like vulnerability of extended and exposed actuating string on the Limbdriver. It is visible in the sight window and the limb attaching method is inferior (IMO).

That I can't even imagine! How in the world did you get the actuating cord in the sight window?:confused0024:

Every one I have installed (there have been many) the cord runs up the back side of the riser opposite the sight window. I am just trying to undrestand how it got in the sight window. Also there are at least 4 ways to mount the cord on the Limb. Inferior?? :confused0024:

I much prefer this rest because there are No timing issues, No clearances problems, & No undue pressure on the cable which can cause changes in timing and letoff which is just more work to get it back correct.

QAD is a good rest. When they work, they work great, but when they don't are a PIA. Set up 20 of them & I am sure there will be a couple that will give you a fit. There always is.:wink:

Dan

Elton Savell 02-07-2010 12:03 PM

Anyone else with an opinion?

Ben / PA 02-07-2010 12:26 PM

I have tried numerous rests and settled on the Limb Driver. Coupled with a shelf kit from sims, and you have a no contact, well built, reliable rest. If you want an absolute rock solid hunting rest, get a whisker biscuit.

Rob/PA Bowyer 02-07-2010 01:31 PM

I have 5 Viper Sights, 3 Viper Pro MT's and 2 Viper Pro 2000's. One of the best on the market. I'd also look toward Spott Hogg as a second choice.

Rests, Limb Driver for fall away, Hostage Pro for containment and Bodoodle Pro 500 or Pro Lite for fixed.