Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Rest\sight opinions >

Rest\sight opinions

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rest\sight opinions

Old 02-01-2010, 05:23 PM
Spike

Default Rest\sight opinions

Opinions wanted on what is a good, dependable hunting rest and sights. Not necessarily looking for the highest priced, just good trouble free hunting equipment.

Thanks
Old 02-01-2010, 06:16 PM
Fork Horn

Depends on what you are shooting. If it is a speed bow, then your options are limited IMO. I have a limbdriver and love it, but I am not sure that it is for everyone. Not a big fan of the QAD, whisker, and a few others. Try a few and keep your receipt.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:17 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry, forgot the site. 5500 HHA is awesome. I am partial to a single pin with slide.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have been shooting the QAD HD for a year and I love it. For me, it is superior to Limbdriver, WB and Trophy Taker. All of which I have tried.

The Trophy Taker would be my second choice. I did not like vulnerability of extended and exposed actuating string on the Limbdriver. It is visible in the sight window and the limb attaching method is inferior (IMO). A lot of guys love the Limbdriver so consider their opinions too.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I find the QAD hard to beat for a simple trouble free hunting rest.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

I sell, install, and tune most every rest on the Market. IMHO the Limb Driver is hands down the best drop away rest on the market.

Full containment, my choice would be the Octane Hostage Pro.

As far as sights go I like the one pin rear sliders and you can do No better than HHA.

If you prefer a multi pin sight then take a look at Viper and Spot Hogg.

Dan
Old 02-02-2010, 09:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by kwilson16
I did not like vulnerability of extended and exposed actuating string on the Limbdriver. It is visible in the sight window and the limb attaching method is inferior (IMO).
That I can't even imagine! How in the world did you get the actuating cord in the sight window?

Every one I have installed (there have been many) the cord runs up the back side of the riser opposite the sight window. I am just trying to undrestand how it got in the sight window. Also there are at least 4 ways to mount the cord on the Limb. Inferior??

I much prefer this rest because there are No timing issues, No clearances problems, & No undue pressure on the cable which can cause changes in timing and letoff which is just more work to get it back correct.

QAD is a good rest. When they work, they work great, but when they don't are a PIA. Set up 20 of them & I am sure there will be a couple that will give you a fit. There always is.

Dan

Last edited by MeanV2; 02-02-2010 at 06:30 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:03 PM
Spike

Anyone else with an opinion?
Old 02-07-2010, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have tried numerous rests and settled on the Limb Driver. Coupled with a shelf kit from sims, and you have a no contact, well built, reliable rest. If you want an absolute rock solid hunting rest, get a whisker biscuit.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have 5 Viper Sights, 3 Viper Pro MT's and 2 Viper Pro 2000's. One of the best on the market. I'd also look toward Spott Hogg as a second choice.

Rests, Limb Driver for fall away, Hostage Pro for containment and Bodoodle Pro 500 or Pro Lite for fixed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.